03-17-2017 12:25 PM
Hello, @Injuriousjohng - Greetings!
Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!
I understand that you are having issues while connecting your HP Desktop PC using the ethernet cable. I will certainly try and help you fix the issue
Let's start by reinstalling the network drivers on your PC. Here are the steps:
- Click Start , and enter Device Manager into the Search field. Click Device Manager.
- Double-click the Network adapters category.
- Right-click the name of the Network Adapter and select Uninstall.
- On the Confirm Device Uninstall window, click OK.
- When the network adapter drivers have been uninstalled, restart the computer.
- After the computer restarts and completes the installation of the device driver software, try connecting to the Internet.
Now, if the issue persists, try to run the network troubleshooter as suggested below:
- Click Start , and then type network and sharing in the Search box. Click Network and Sharing Center in the results.
- Click Troubleshoot problems.
- The Network and Internet Troubleshooter opens.
- Click Internet Connections to test the Internet connection.
- Follow the instructions to check for problems.
You can find the detailed troubleshooting steps here: http://hp.care/2nAe4Ba
Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!
Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am an HP Employee