Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6310t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just trying to change the IP address of this PC. Have tried "IPCONFIG/RELEASE" followed by "IPCONFIG/RENEW" but it does not do the DHCP change of current IP address. Can you help please?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@bluegrassexpres

How are you getting your IP address, in other words, it is a local DHCP server (i.e., local router) or is it a remote DHCP server (i.e., your ISP)?

Also have you checked to confirm that you do not have an assigned static IP address?

We can proceed when you provide the information.

Thanks

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply

The IP address is supplied by COMCAST remote DHCP server (our ISP).

I communicated with the tech support department at COMCAST and they walked through the IPCONFIG (ADMIN LEVEL) RELEASE and then RENEW process which seemed to indicate that they ran well but no effect on the IP address as shown by looking into the COMCAST MODEM with COMCAST working with me.  Included doing a HARD BOOT after a couple of times.  We both concluded that the result was no NEW IP address presented itself.

The MODEM even states that the IP address is under the control of the DHCP COMCAST SERVER.

Finally yesterday was concluded with COMCAST TECH stating the there are certain times when HP has had to be contacted to determine that a special process was available to cause the IP to change and that I should contact HP.  Which is why I am now on this FORUM.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Dave

HP Recommended

@bluegrassexpres

Sorry, but the ONLY way that the HP would affect the IP address signature is if you had it set to a static address -- and you already checked that.

If your PC is plugged into a router supplied by COMCAST, you should check that router to see if IT is also functioning as a  DHCP server -- which would then account for the PC's IP addess not changing.

I use Xfinity and I also have my own router -- which plugs into the Xfinity router.  My own router supplies my devices with their IP addresses.  Xfinity supplies me with an Internet IP address.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.