Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp 20-2000ez
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My internet speed is slow despite connected to cable. My speed suppose to be 500mbps but with speed test it generates about 100 highest. I have talked to micrsoft they have tired and my ISP but no solution. what they have done is update drivers, change network adapters and speed/duplex to 1gb in properties of the network but it is still slow. Can you please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

While not stated especially or specifically in whether this PC is connected via wired or wireless.  If wired  then perhaps there is a problem.  If wireless connection, the PC is not capable of a faster speed with the factory installed hardware.  The spec page for that model indicates the max wireless for the card installed, is :

Data transfer speeds: up to 80 Mbps

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

While not stated especially or specifically in whether this PC is connected via wired or wireless.  If wired  then perhaps there is a problem.  If wireless connection, the PC is not capable of a faster speed with the factory installed hardware.  The spec page for that model indicates the max wireless for the card installed, is :

Data transfer speeds: up to 80 Mbps

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. It is wired connection as I said previously. what do you think might be the problem? 

HP Recommended

If wired to a cable modem, is there a router between the PC and the cable modem?  Also, when the ISP was contacted - did someone come to youe location or was it all done over the phone or chat?

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Some else said when she changed the cat cable to another one she had she got the speed way up.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.