Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (123 Views)
Accepted Solution

Internet speed

Product Name: hp 20-2000ez
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My internet speed is slow despite connected to cable. My speed suppose to be 500mbps but with speed test it generates about 100 highest. I have talked to micrsoft they have tired and my ISP but no solution. what they have done is update drivers, change network adapters and speed/duplex to 1gb in properties of the network but it is still slow. Can you please help.

Accepted Solution

Re: Internet speed

While not stated especially or specifically in whether this PC is connected via wired or wireless.  If wired  then perhaps there is a problem.  If wireless connection, the PC is not capable of a faster speed with the factory installed hardware.  The spec page for that model indicates the max wireless for the card installed, is :

Data transfer speeds: up to 80 Mbps

View solution in context
Associate Dean
Message 2 of 4 (103 Views)

While not stated especially or specifically in whether this PC is connected via wired or wireless.  If wired  then perhaps there is a problem.  If wireless connection, the PC is not capable of a faster speed with the factory installed hardware.  The spec page for that model indicates the max wireless for the card installed, is :

Data transfer speeds: up to 80 Mbps

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (79 Views)

Thanks for the help. It is wired connection as I said previously. what do you think might be the problem? 

Associate Dean
Message 4 of 4 (61 Views)

If wired to a cable modem, is there a router between the PC and the cable modem?  Also, when the ISP was contacted - did someone come to youe location or was it all done over the phone or chat?

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation