Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (104 Views)

Loosing Printer Connectivity

Product Name: HP Officejet Pro 8610
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

I have been printing without issue for 6 months, but now it is saying the printer is offline.  No changes on my side and I even tried the setup wizard on the printer again, went through the app setup a few times, unplugged the printer from the wall and still no success.  Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks..

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (77 Views)

Re: Loosing Printer Connectivity

@Charboy

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One Printer connected to a Windows XP computer and the printer appears to be offline. I read that there were no changes made. You have run the setup wizard and the issue persists. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Is the printer connected via USB, wirelessly or through a wired network?
  • Is the printer able to make a copy? If yes, then it indicates that the printer hardware is alright.

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. This is a free tool for Windows to help resolve printer driver related issues.

If the issue persists then I suggest you to uninstall the printer drivers and then reinstall them from this link

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know. Good luck! Smiley Happy

MKazi
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation