Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 20-d034 Smart Touch
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Ok... Here is everything: HP Envy 20-d034 Smart Touch all-in-one PC.  After having updated to Windows 8.1 ( after several prompts on computer to do so ) I lost my Wifi. 

No Icon. No nothing.

No longer is it listed in Network Adapters within Device Manger.

IS listed /located in Advanced Power Options.

Attempts at downloading wifi drivers listed in the HP Support failed.

"Your system does not meet the requirements for this update. Update has been cancelled. (9996)

The only adapter that I am showing my ethernet Realtek. My 2 other laptops are working fine. ( of course I did not try to update them. )

Can I manually add a wireless lan adapter for my wireless connection? If so.. how do I do that. I purchased this wifi desk top for the sole purpose of it being just that. I really do not think I should have to now pay for someone to fix this for me after being prompted to upgrade if I wanted to receive updates.

I did a factory reset. Nothing. Upgraded back to 8.1 again.

I am at my wits end.... thank you to any who can help me solve this. I feel as though I just bought a car and now I am expected to try and fix the alternator myself.

I will add that the HP forums are great and this does seem to be a big issue.... but I cannot find my exact problem and how to resolve it.  Help~

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the parts list, your PC comes with a Ralink RT3290 802.11N WIFI + Bluetooth Half Height PCI-E Adapter.

You need these W8.1 wireless and bluetooth drivers for that model wlan card...

This package contains the driver installation package for the MediaTek (Ralink) Wireless LAN (WLAN) Controller in the supported notebook models that are running the supported operating systems.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69543.exe

This package contains the driver installation package for theMediatek Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64041.exe

If those drivers do not resolve the problem...the factory reset to W8 should have gotten the wireless to work.

When a wireless card is missing a driver, it is listed in the device manager under an Other Devices category as a Network Controller.

If it is not listed anywhere at all by any name...I am not a PC repair tech by trade or training, but I would have to assume coincidental hardware failure of the wireless network adapter.

The easiest thing to do would be to go out and purchase an external usb wireless network adapter to restore wireless functionality.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.