Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
450-a114
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The computer keeps diconnecting from at&t modem using wi fi. A new modem was installed, but same problem. The computer is a little over a year old. When it works everything is fine, but it drops the internet connections at anytime whether I playing a game, in my email, or on the internet. The only way I can get the computer back on line is to shut it domw and disconnect the power for a few minutes. After that it restarts and works fine for hours the it disconnects again. It's a little fustrating to keep shutting it down.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad you got it to work better.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

The product specs for your PC indicate that it comes with a Realtek 8188EE b/g/n wireless network adapter, and the W10 driver on your PC's support page is from 9/2015.

If that information is correct...Newer W10 drivers for that model wlan card have been released since that date, so you may want to try the most recent version of the driver, and see if that resolves the problem.

2023.46.1031.2016 Rev.A (26 Dec 2016)

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported models running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78501-79000/sp78748.exe

HP Recommended

I tried the fix you suggested, sorry to say it didn't work. I'm open for any additional fixes you may have.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I tried a suggestion you made to a person that had a similar problem. Uninstall Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter and then reinstall it. I did that and down loaded the updated software and so far no problems.

Thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad you got it to work better.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.