Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Envy 750se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I went into my desktop to stray off all the dust that was clogging up my system. As I am cleaning out my desktop for the first time I notice that there are two black wires on my gtx 970's fan. I was worried that the wires were getting caught in the fan so I gently lifted them up and they seemed to be detatched. I temporarily moved them out of the way, to only find when i booted my computer back up the wifi and bluetooth would not work. I found an article (http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-broke-two-black-wires-what-do-...) that basically described my issue. I was wondering if there was a way to reattatch these wires if they were disconnected. If so, where?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

They are antennas for the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth singnals.

The two black wires connect to a small (1.5x1.5 inch) electronic board attached to the motherboard on the HP Envy and perhaps other HP models.  On my computer this little board is located just above where the video card goes.  Intel Wi-Fi Model 3168NGW.jpg

See image above.  The arrows point to where the wires came off.  The metal leads on the black wires are actually tiny snaps that when pressed on the the points I have arrows pointed to, attach to the small electronic board  I actually had to unscrew the board and snap them back on, but one would not go on so I reinforced it with electrical tape.  This completely solved my problem and I now have perfect wifi and bluetooth connection. 

I hope you have good success with this also.

Ithiliens

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

What is your Hp Envy 750se actually. Please check its label at the back.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
The main number I see in the back is 2md55007t5 HP.
HP Recommended

They are antennas for the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth singnals.

The two black wires connect to a small (1.5x1.5 inch) electronic board attached to the motherboard on the HP Envy and perhaps other HP models.  On my computer this little board is located just above where the video card goes.  Intel Wi-Fi Model 3168NGW.jpg

See image above.  The arrows point to where the wires came off.  The metal leads on the black wires are actually tiny snaps that when pressed on the the points I have arrows pointed to, attach to the small electronic board  I actually had to unscrew the board and snap them back on, but one would not go on so I reinforced it with electrical tape.  This completely solved my problem and I now have perfect wifi and bluetooth connection. 

I hope you have good success with this also.

Ithiliens

HP Recommended
You are amazing. That was my issue. I am currently going through the process of trying to get them to stay connected to the board. Thank you for letting me know of my issue.
HP Recommended
Nice to know I helped. I just learned all that last night through bits and pieces at the forum and on the internet. But nothing put it all together until now. There must be a lot of people who go trough this because it is such a flimsy connection and we expect more rugged components. Good luck!
HP Recommended

Thank you a million times. I've been frustrated by Bluetooth not working on that PC for a very long time. Now I understand why software fixes didn't work.

Those connections are a little !@#$^* to get on there, aren't they? They keep popping off. I'm not sure they're seated even under the electrical tape, because Wi-Fi's working now, but still no Bluetooth. I'm going to try soldering them on next.

HP Recommended

In the end, I had to buy a new wi-fi card.  My bluetooth never came back adequately.  They are cheap and easy to install.

The new card works flawlessly, Now, Intel updates its software automatically.  I also bought a set of bluetooth antenae.  The ones that come with the computer don't help the range much.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.