Post new question
Question
Network adapter not working
Replies (13)

Tutor
Message 11 of 14 (53 Views)

Re: Network adapter not working

Ah well okay i was getting tired of trying to finf a solution anyway haha. Maybe I'll just revert to ethernet or get a new adapter.

One last thing though, does it matter what kind of adapter i get? As long as it is compatible to windows 10 any kind should be fine right? (E.g. usb/pcie/pci mini/ 802.11ac/g/b)
Provost
Message 12 of 14 (48 Views)

What you should see as options are USB and PCIe x1 adapters. You can't just buy "any" adapter because there are compatibility problems. Windows 10 can e a bit of a pain in that respect.

I have an ASUS USB-AC56 adapter connected to this desktop. That is the simplest and easiest solution. Plug the cable into an available port at the rear and put the device on the desktop.  Windows 10 has drivers for it. This is a Windows 10 PC.

The PCIe x1 adapters are the best because they use the fastest available bus on the PC's motherboard.

If I was able to help you resolve your issue, you can click on the purple Thumbs up + icon to say thanks.

If your problem is solved , please click the Accepted Solution button

I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
Tutor
Message 13 of 14 (45 Views)

Alright thanks for the help n info ! Its been a pleasure
Highlighted
Provost
Message 14 of 14 (40 Views)

Zyyeox3 wrote:
Alright thanks for the help n info ! Its been a pleasure

Same here. Smiley Happy

If I was able to help you resolve your issue, you can click on the purple Thumbs up + icon to say thanks.

If your problem is solved , please click the Accepted Solution button

I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation