Post new question
Question

Tutor
Message 1 of 14 (109 Views)

Network adapter not working

Product Name: HP Pavilion HPE h8-1170d
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi!
My computer crashed recently and after i turned it on, the network adapter couldnt be detected. I tried to install/update drivers from HP website but it states that there are no driver downloads available for windows 10. How do i get the software? Thanks!

Model: h8-1170d
Network adapter: Ralink Dual stream 802.11n Wireless LAN Card
Provost
Message 2 of 14 (90 Views)

Re: Network adapter not working

Are you sure that you don't have a Realtek PCIe LAN adapter instead of a RaLink one?

The followng image is from the only Windows 8 driuver available for your desktop PC at the driver download sectiod of the suport portal.

Realtek.png

Try the following Realtek driver for Windows 10.

http://realtek-download.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/0016-Install_Win10_10013_02202017.zip

You can say thanks by clicking on the + in the purple thumbs up icon next to the Reply button.

If I have helped you to resolve your issue or answered your question, please click the Options link in the post that helped you and then click on the "Mark as Accepted Solution " button
Tutor
Message 3 of 14 (84 Views)

Hi thanks for the quick reply.
From what i understand, isn't the realtek pci gbe family controller for ethernet based connections only? And my computer is supposed to have wireless connection.
Anyway that aside, i have tried installing the realtek driver but it still does not work
Provost
Message 4 of 14 (79 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sorry, I didn't catch the disconnect between the subject and the descri

ption you had in the post. I will look at it again.

You can say thanks by clicking on the + in the purple thumbs up icon next to the Reply button.

If I have helped you to resolve your issue or answered your question, please click the Options link in the post that helped you and then click on the "Mark as Accepted Solution " button
Tutor
Message 5 of 14 (77 Views)

Sorry about that!
Provost
Message 6 of 14 (73 Views)

Nah. That was my mistake. Smiley Wink

Can you use the device manager to provide a PCI\VEN character string for the adapter?

You may end up deciding that it would be simpler to purchase a Windows 10 802.11b\g\n compatible PCIe x1 adapter and replace the existing one. That is the simpler solution in the long term.

It hasn't really been supported with updated drivers since Windows 7.

Tutor
Message 7 of 14 (66 Views)

Unfortunately i think i made a mistake and uninstalled the driver... i made sure not to check the " delete driver from device" box and restarted but it did not reappear.
Tried to scan for hardware changes and also did a system restore(which encountered an errorand failed) so im unable to get the character string for the adapter
Provost
Message 8 of 14 (62 Views)

[ Edited ]

OK. Then try installing the driver again.

Seriously, I would just get a Windows 10 compatible adapter to replace it with.

Tutor
Message 9 of 14 (55 Views)

How do i go about doing that?
Provost
Message 10 of 14 (52 Views)

Zyyeox3 wrote:
How do i go about doing that?

I see your point.

Well, you know your options. I have stated them already.  See the following search for Windows 10 compliant PCIe wifi adapters.

https://www.google.nl/search?q=PPCIe+x1+wifi+adapter+windows+10+compliant&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=f...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation