Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (54 Views)

No password option to connect to a secure network

Trying to connect to a wi-fi hotspot and it will not give me the option to enter the password, therefore, I cannot connect. How do I get the password option to show up?
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (26 Views)

Re: No password option to connect to a secure network

@lmbeauchamp

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. Smiley Happy I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you're trying to connect to a wi-fi hotspot and it won't give the option to enter the password. Therefore you're unable to connect to the wifi. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Please let me know the exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • What operating system (Windows, Android, etc.) are you using? Also, mention the operating system version (like Win7, Win8, Win10, etc.)
  • Are you able to connect to other non-secured wifi networks?

Based on this information, I can assist you further. Please feel free to reply. Cheers! Smiley Happy

Kazi
I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation