Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart D7460
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I am trying to print photos and do all the set up on the computer to print from photo tray, but it keeps printing from the main tray.  Help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please check for any HP driver update by clicking the Apple icon and Then Software Update.

Additionally review the following steps and let me know if that may help:

1. First make sure the Main tray is empty and only the Phototray contain a media.
  2. change the paper size setting in the Page Setup window:
    On the File menu, select Page Setup. The Page Setup window appears.
  3. Click the blue arrows next to Paper Size, select 4 x 6, and then click OK to accept the setting and close the window.
  4. Now, change the paper size and tray settings in the Print window:
    On the File menu, select Print. The Print window appears.
    NOTE: The Print window might be minimized. Click Show Details to see all available settings.
  5. In the expanded Print window, click the down arrow next to the name of the program to see the available panels.
  6. Click Paper Type/Quality. The Paper Type/Quality panel appears in the Print window.
  7. Select the Paper tab to change the paper type, the print quality, the color type, and the paper source for the print job.
  8. Click the blue arrows next to the Paper Type menu, and then select 4 x 6 Photo Paper from the drop-down menu.
  9. If you want to change the print quality for the photo, use the Quality tab to select the appropriate quality.
  10. Click the blue arrow next to Paper Source, and then select the appropriate paper tray.

Make sure to save the settings by clicking Preset > Save current settings as a Preset and try prinitng.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please check for any HP driver update by clicking the Apple icon and Then Software Update.

Additionally review the following steps and let me know if that may help:

1. First make sure the Main tray is empty and only the Phototray contain a media.
  2. change the paper size setting in the Page Setup window:
    On the File menu, select Page Setup. The Page Setup window appears.
  3. Click the blue arrows next to Paper Size, select 4 x 6, and then click OK to accept the setting and close the window.
  4. Now, change the paper size and tray settings in the Print window:
    On the File menu, select Print. The Print window appears.
    NOTE: The Print window might be minimized. Click Show Details to see all available settings.
  5. In the expanded Print window, click the down arrow next to the name of the program to see the available panels.
  6. Click Paper Type/Quality. The Paper Type/Quality panel appears in the Print window.
  7. Select the Paper tab to change the paper type, the print quality, the color type, and the paper source for the print job.
  8. Click the blue arrows next to the Paper Type menu, and then select 4 x 6 Photo Paper from the drop-down menu.
  9. If you want to change the print quality for the photo, use the Quality tab to select the appropriate quality.
  10. Click the blue arrow next to Paper Source, and then select the appropriate paper tray.

Make sure to save the settings by clicking Preset > Save current settings as a Preset and try prinitng.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Glad to know that the issue has been resolved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.