Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Ok, I give up.  Anybody know how to get past this annoyance?? HP Compaq d530 SFF, I can't get past this "Power On Password" on boot up.  NO, I don't know the password.  Clearing CMOS doesn't help...because..??   Thanx for your help....
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Kfra315 

I believe the Omni is a Business class machine? No backdoor passwords on Business machines.Only Hp Service can remove it.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

575 REPLIES 575
HP Recommended

Hi,

CMOS will not remove the Power on Password. Instead reseat the CMOS jumper. CMOS jumper will be near the CMOS battery.

Hope this will help you.

Thank you.

HP Recommended
No good,the cmos clear is just a momentary switch.  There must be someone out there who knows how to clear the non-volital memory.
HP Recommended

r u talking about the windows password,like to sign on??? if so i can help u with that no problem...let me know

HP Recommended

simple..just remove the jumper near CMOS battery, then restart..go to BIOS and disable power on security..

HP Recommended

Usually there is a clear power on password jumper near the clear cmos jumper on the motherboard.  You might look for that jumper.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

not as simple as u know...

my main board made on 2004

Model HP-Compaq dx6120

this model not used jumper.. they use button as reset.

i already 

1.  Push CMOS reset button (with battery on it)

2.  Push CMOS reset button (while in run mode)

3.  Push CMOS reset button (while run mode.. but without battery)

4.  Remove battery and power supply for 2 days...

all useless....

it still ask for "Power On Password"

last think i got in mind is..

1. Flash the cmos but where can i get this flashing things

2. HP gave the default password, so we can reset it manually

3. Throw away those HP model and find another vendor for my office.. and never take this HP Desktop or Laptop... 

HP Recommended

Hi: @ Abengah80:

Here is the link to the troubleshooting guide for your PC:

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00189283/c00189283.pdf

See chapter 2 B for the procedure to clear the BIOS password.

It does use a jumper as do most of these older business desktop PC's. I own several of them so I know (d530, dc7100, dc7600). All have green jumpers to clear the BIOS password. Look by the green motherboard light. The green jumper should be near that area.

Paul

HP Recommended

jumper is not always near the battery, on mine it was not close but was near the cmos area marked Cmos, I removed the jumper and restarted the computer and it booted up. I powered down and reinstalled the jumper and it still booted up

HP Recommended

have you tried to enter a password 3 times and do you get an error code??

if so post it in here and i should be able to help but only if you get a code

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.