Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Tutor
Message 1 of 2 (63 Views)

Re: add a device: PIX-LINK AC600Mbps Wi-Fi USB Adapter Wireless Network Adapter Dual Band 2.4G/ 5G W

PIX-LINK AC600Mbps Wi-Fi USB Adapter Wireless Network Adapter Dual Band 2.4G/ 5G Wifi Dongle for PC Desktop Laptop of Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP, Mac OS and Linux . 

This item comes with a small cd but the cd doesn't show up when I start Windows 10 on my HP ENVY.  I also plugged in this USB at the same time as I installed the cd.  What do I do now to add the driver for this device?                            

Associate Dean
Message 2 of 2 (33 Views)

Re: add a device: PIX-LINK AC600Mbps Wi-Fi USB Adapter Wireless Network Adapter Dual Band 2.4G/ 5G W

[ Edited ]

The way the post is worded makes me suspect.  With Windows running, place the CD is the drive.  Then open the "This PC" window.  Double click the drive where the CD is.  Then look for a file named "setup".  That should install the driver.  Then, once that is completed, insert the adapter in a USB port.

I could not locate a download site for the driver, so it might be someone else's device that has been rebranded.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation