Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Very strange.... Yeah.. I think there is a major problem with the new update...so that's why they removed it...

Btw I rolled back to 6.223.215.14 and for now there are no BSOD but the maximum speed I can get in uTorrent is 1.5MB/s.. With the newest driver my speed was going up to 4MB/s

Now I tried to install 7.35.275.2 and I got a Setup Error : Error "Update.cpp 1189" has occured and Setup cannot continue...

O my god.....

HP Recommended

Yes, that is sometimes a problem.

For some reason that Broadcom card doesn't like us throwing a bunch of drivers at it, and sometimes reports that error.

It's too bad users can't get the drivers directly from BCM but they only offer ethernet drivers.

We can only hope that Broadcom releases a newer driver for that model card and gives it to HP for distribution.

HP Recommended

I updated to 7.35.299.0 and I will check for BSOD

I'm wondering if HP knows about the problematic adapters BCM43142...

There are tons of topics in this forum and in other forums too about problems connected with this adapter... Many people complain about connection drops, low signal and bsod... 

Just search for BCM43142

HP Recommended

Well if they don't, posting anything about it on this forum won't help.

This is a peer to peer forum.  HP maintains no official presence here.

I encourage you, and anyone else to report the issue to the HP management team, who would be able to do something about it.

https://ssl.www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/connect-with-hp.html

Give them links to posts such as this one, and the others you know about as documentation of the problem.

Then they can take it up with Broadcom.

They are pretty good about following up on inquiries/suggestions/problems.

HP Recommended
Ive just sent them an email.. I hope they will answer asap.Fingers crossed

Ive updated to 7.35.299.0 and baam another blue screen of death....
HP Recommended
Hey, thanks for your help for before again but it appears that the software you showed me was only a temporary fix, only lasted about 2weeks before the problem came back. I have tried a few others as well as still get bsod when I download pretty much anything or stream video from Amazon or even YouTube. Idk what's up but I'm buying netgear from now on 😉
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, with a desktop PC you have more options.

I use this dual band wireless adapter on all of my HP desktop PC's.

Works great!  Never had a problem.

https://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Dual-Band-Wireless-N-Adapter-AE3000/dp/B007ZLGXA8

Changing out the wireless card in some of these newer notebooks is a problem, and normally, plugging in a USB wireless adapter is not an option.  Who wants some big usb adapter sticking out from the side of a notebook?

1. On many models the wireless card is hard to get to.

2.  A lot of these notebooks only come with one wireless antenna, and a dual band wlan card requires two antennas to work properly.

HP Recommended

Hey mate, I've sent an email to the HP Management team. 

You can try sending one too.

HP Recommended
Hey guys if you get this I just wanted to let you know that I think I fixed my problem simply by rolling back my driver update through the device manager. Pretty simple, probably should have done that first. But it agrees with your theory about an unstable driver update I guess.

Did a 10GB dl without a bsod event, which I was unable to do before. fingers crossed!
HP Recommended
I did that too at least 5 times and I was still getting BSOD so I called HP and they will change the wifi adapter with an Intel one..
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.