Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p7-1436s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!  I just changed my isp to ATT uverse and it came with a new modem and all that jazz, but ever since then i have been getting blue screens in relation to my Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2x2 Wi-Fi Adapter's drivers while running online updates.  I have been looking for a place to download the compatable driver software so i can delete what i have and replace it (even if it is the same driver version) just to correct what i believe is a corrupted file.

the file i am getting the error for is bcmwl63a.sys

the stop code i got with it was SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

my adapter:  Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2x2 Wi-Fi Adapter

Driver Date:  1/26/2016
Driver Version: 7.35.344.0

when i go to update the driver i am told that i have the most up to date version available, so i am really looking for a copy of what i already have.  If there is a repair tool available that would be even better!

when i let hp scan my computer for available drivers i am only given  the option to choose from windows 8 or 8.1, no option for windows 10 is given.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is a slightly newer version out there...

7.35.344.10 Rev.A (2 Jun 2016)

This package provides the Broadcom Wireless LAN drivers for supported models running a supported operating system. Broadcom Wireless LAN drivers are required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN adapter.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76001-76500/sp76212.exe

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is a slightly newer version out there...

7.35.344.10 Rev.A (2 Jun 2016)

This package provides the Broadcom Wireless LAN drivers for supported models running a supported operating system. Broadcom Wireless LAN drivers are required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN adapter.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76001-76500/sp76212.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you and merry christmas!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Merry Christmas to you too!

HP Recommended

Hello !

My Wi-FI adapter is Broadcom BCM43142 and I get BSOD when I'm downloading torrents.

I tried to download the "NEW" updated version of the driver... but your link doesn't work ?

Is there a new driver or not ? I can't find it anywhere

HP Recommended

Hi, @Elisha2 :

It appears that HP removed that driver for some reason.

This is now the latest one for W10...

7.35.344.0 Rev.A

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75249.exe

HP Recommended

Yes I have this driver and it's not working well...

I have posted a new topic.. Could you please be so kind and check it out ? 

I hope you can help me out !

HP Recommended

Hi:

I read your post, and unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with that issue.

Here is the revision history of all the W10 Broadcom drivers for that model wlan card.

Maybe one of them will work...the very first one...you would have to use 7.35.275.2 Rev.B (27 Jul 2015).

The other one (7.35.290.0 Rev.A(27 Jul 2015)) is only for the dual band broadcom cards.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7834518&swItemId=ob_165331_1&swEnvOid=419...

HP Recommended

Thank you for this link !

I will download and test all drivers...

Btw are these all of the W10 drivers ?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, those are only W10 drivers, and every revision HP made to them.

I still wonder what happened to the newer one that they deleted, and why?

I even checked the newest desktop PC's that use the same card, and even those are at 7.35.344.0 Rev.A.

So there is definitely nothing newer out there from HP at this time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.