Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,  I am trying to find a solution as to why the WIFI auto connection that is built into my HP Desktop computer. Every time I turn off or restart my computer, I have to restart my router, before the built in connector will conect to wireless WIFI. If anyone knows the whys or a solution . Please let me know. Thank you for your attention

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @AibellDragonash,

Thanks for stopping by the HP community. A very good day to you. Smiley Happy I reviewed the post regarding restarting the router every time to connect to Wi-Fi. I will be delighted to assist you here. Smiley Happy

Superb description and stupendous diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. Smiley Happy You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you with it. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy

First off, to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• Have you tried other devices by connecting them to the router to check if they connect correctly without restarting your router?
  • Please provide the complete product# or model# of the computer?
  • Does this computer detect a neighbor's network?

• For a start, please connect an IPad or your Smartphone via to the router using your home network and try to go online.
  • Then turn off the IPad or the mobile phone.
  • Turn it back on and check if it connects to the router without restarting the router.
  • If it does not connect to the router, then the issue is with the router and you will need to contact your internet service provider or the IT technician who set up the router for you.

• Also, please try the main reason you need to restart the router each time is because static electric charges are being built inside the router. So by restarting the router, you actually power cycling the router each time for it to connect to the computer.
  • By restarting the router, which is called power cycling the router, the static electric charges inside the router gets discharged each time.
  • It should not be building charges each time though and it should happen only rarely that you restart the router. It should connect without hassles. Please get your router tested.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helpsplease mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a terrific week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My smart phone, my tablet, my husbands tablet, his Laptop, and 3 [Three] Roku Devices all connect to the wireless signal with out ANY problems, it is just the WIFI connector inside my HP Pavilian Desktop computer that will not connect to the WIFI,  UNLESS, the AT&T Router is rebooted, so that suggests that WIFI conector, either needs replacing, or the DRIVERS need updating.

Mrs. Reba Joy Dyar

HP Recommended

@AibellDragonash,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue persists only with your HP Pavilion Desktop.

This issue could occur if the network drivers are not updated.

In order to install the network drivers, please get back to us with the model number of the unit from the link: http://hp.care/2ofyO5a

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.