12-31-2008 12:47 PM
01-02-2009 08:22 AM
Here's what you do to fix it. This always works for me.
1) Uninstall HP Update and HP Total Care Advisor from the program list.
2) Reboot the pc.
3) Reinstall HP Update using Recovery Manager by going to Start/All Program/PC Help and Tool and click Recovery Manager.
When the program opens go to Advanced Options, Program Software Reinstallation and go next, then next again and choose HP Update Software from the list, go next and wait for it to reinstall. Then reboot the pc.
4) Important step. You can also try this before the other steps.
Go to start and inside the start search box type "cmd" without the quotes and right above it shows "cmd" with a black icon.
Right-click on cmd and choose Run As Administrator and the command window comes up in elevated mode.
Now type the following commands without the qoutes:
"regsvr32 vbscript.dll" and press enter, then click ok at the notification window then type
"regsvr32 jscript.dll" and press enter, then click ok at the notification window.
Then type exit and reboot the pc.
5) Now you can open up HP Update by going to Start/All Programs/HP Update or start/start search and type update and click HP Update on top.
Step 4 always fixes this.
It took me 1 hour to find this solution.
It's related to a java error and the update 18.104.22.168 for hp updates.
Reply if you got it fixed or if you need further help.
01-03-2009 10:27 AM
01-03-2009 10:39 AM
06-14-2010 05:29 PM
I used the HP web site link you suggested and clicked for the Vista page having the same error codes dealing with the Active support Library update failures. Downloaded the file shown (sp41377.exe) and ran it. Nearing the end of the install, it failed the same way as the other attempts from other HP update links. Next, did the "HP Help and Support' download, thinking that might 'fix..?' whatever the problems is. That download seemed to install fine, however, further attempts to do the Active Library update all failed to install with the same two error codes beginning with 1316.A At a lost as to what to do next to fix this hp problem.....
01-16-2012 04:36 AM
1) Reinstall HP Update and HP Total Care Advisor from the program list
2) Reboot the pc
3) Use a system utility tool to fix corrupt registry and windows tool.
I also faced this error many times but after reading this article error 1316 i fixed it.
Hope it works for you also.
02-16-2012 11:48 PM
Error 1316 is an irritating installation error. It pops up when a software is being installed, uninstalled or repaired on your computer. You may get the following description while seeing this error: Error 1316: "A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: :\Install.msi" Are you wondered what causes this glitch? No need to worry. This article is all about the simple and user friendly steps that help you fix error 1316 Windows 7.
- 1. Use Windows Installer Clean Up
- 2. Use a Registry Fixing Utility
- 3. Change Windows Installer Registry Information
- 4. Check the Security Details of the Concerning File
I hopw this solution can solve your problem of Error 1316 wheather its in window...