Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
wireless mouse X3000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

first the mouse did it perfectly now the light under the mouse is off, even with a new battery. and if i press the small blue button under the mouse it doesn't work

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

i restarted my laptop and it now the light under the mouse is blinking. 

HP Recommended

@guusVlaar

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Wireless Mouse x3000 and it has stopped working. You have installed a new battery and now the light under the mouse is blinking. 

I suggest you to setup the mouse again:

Figure : HP Wireless Mouse x3000 - mouse and USB receiver

HP Wireless Mouse x3000 - mouse and USB receiver

Setting up the mouse

Complete the following steps to set up your wireless mouse.

1. Make sure your computer is turned on.

Figure : Turning on the computer

Turning on the computer
  2. Remove the battery compartment cover on the bottom of the mouse, insert the battery, and then replace the cover.

Figure : Inserting the battery

Inserting the battery
  3. Turn on the mouse.

Figure : Turning on the mouse

Turning on the mouse
  4. Connect the USB receiver to the USB connection on your computer. Now, you can use the mouse.

Figure : Connecting the USB receiver to the USB connection

Connecting the USB receiver to the USB connection

The USB receiver and Connect lights illuminate to indicate the mouse is ready for use.

Figure : USB receiver and Connect lights iluminated

USB receiver and Connect lights illuminated
  5. To store the USB receiver, remove the battery compartment cover on the bottom of the mouse and then insert the USB receiver inside the battery compartment.

Figure : Inserting the USB receiver inside the battery compartment

Inserting the USB receiver inside the battery compartment

If the issue persists then connect the receiver to another USB port on the computer. 

I hope this helps. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended
It still doesn't work. The light still blinks. I hear the sound when I plug in the usb so that works but I think it's just the mouse itself.
HP Recommended

Hi @guusVlaar, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps.

Request you to try to pair the mouse with another computer if possible and check.

If the issue persists, please contact our phone support for the service options available for the mouse. 

Please follow the procedure mentioned below to contact our phone support. 

• Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Enter Product number or select to auto detects
  • Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
  • Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.