Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (753 Views)

Cannot view YouTube videos

I am hoping someone can help me.  My IE crashed a few days ago, after I recovered it, I found that I cannot view videos on YouTube.  I get the audio.  I get the commercials that play before the video starts but no picture.  I am able to view video content on ESPN.com or even Yahoo.  I followed the troubleshooting advice on YouTube.  I uninstalled/reinstalled my Adobe Flash Player.  I enabled scripting (was already enabled).  I even tried to view the videos on Google Chrome - no difference.  Does YouTube have special settings or run on a different player than everything else or is this a problem with the web site?  If so how do I report this or get this fixed?

Provost
Message 2 of 2 (731 Views)

Re: Cannot view YouTube videos

[ Edited ]

Brian, welcome to the forum.

Did you uninstall Adobe Flash Player completely before reinstalling it? Sometimes updating over the existing program can cause problems; especially with Adobe products. If all else fails, you could contact Youtube's Customer Service to see if they can help.

Also, update the video device driver. This could be causing a problem.

Note: If you are using a 64-bit OS, here is a link to the 64-bit version of Adobe Flash Player.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

HP Phoenix 860-170VR; i7-6700K 4.0 GHz; 8 GB DDR4 memory; Samsung EVO 840 500 GB SSD; Radeon R9-390X video card; Win 10 Home

HP Elite x2 1012 G1 Tablet w/Travel Keyboard and Stylus; Core m3 processor; 4 GB DDR4 memory; Samsung 128 GB SSD; Audio by
Bang & Olufsen; Win 10 Home

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!