Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (506 Views)

Compaq Presario won't stop automatically entering setup

I have been trying to get my computer to boot up, but when I turn it on, it automatically goes to "entering setup" and then the setup screen comes up.  I just connected a keyboard, and without the keyboard it boots to XP, but I cannot do anything without the keyboard.

I have hit the F5 button to defaults, but that has no effect.  I have saved the default settings, but it only boots up and says "entering setup."

Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 2 (505 Views)

Re: Compaq Presario won't stop automatically entering setup

Have you connected another keyboard? Sounds like you have a stuck key. If trying another keyboard doesn't help, then it may be a bent pin(PS/2) or bad trace on the motherboard. I don't see why you couldn't fix this by using a USB keyboard.
I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation