04-08-2011 08:39 AM - edited 04-08-2011 08:51 AM
I just purchased the HP570t and upgraded the graphics card to the Nivida 440 3gb ddr3 for flight sim and it doesn't do the job. It has a ddr 3 graphics card, I was told I need a ddr5 graphics card. But what about the computer? Can it have ddr3 processor or do I need something higher & does HP make that? Will the computer below be enough to run Microsoft Flight Sim X smoothley?
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-950 quad-core [3.06GHz, 1MB L2 + 8MB shared L3 cache]
- 8GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM [4 DIMMs]
- FREE UPGRADE! 1.5TB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive from 750GB
- No additional office software
- Norton Internet Security(TM) 2011 - 15 month
- 1GB DDR5 NVIDIA GeForce 460 [2 DVI, mini-HDMI, VGA adapter]
- FREE UPGRADE! Blu-ray player & Lightscribe SuperMulti DVD burner
- Wireless-N LAN card
- 15-in-1 memory card reader, 1 USB, 1394, audio, video (for TV Tuner)
- TV tuner, ATSC-NTSC with PVR, remote
- Integrated sound
- HP deluxe wireless keyboard & wireless mouse
04-10-2011 04:49 PM
OsFan, here are the system requirements for MS FltSim X. According to what I see, the computer that you listed should work fine.
Also, here is a good guide for buying a HP gaming computer. There are a lot of good suggestions in the guide.
For future upgrading, you should always buy a computer with a higher wattage power supply unit (PSU). The PSU is the backbone of the computer. It is not the place to save money.
Please let us know if this solves your problem or not.
HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)
HP Phoenix 860-170VR; i7-6700K 4.0 GHz; 8 GB DDR4 memory; Samsung EVO 840 500 GB SSD; Radeon R9-390X video card; Win 10 Home
HP Elite x2 1012 G1 Tablet w/Travel Keyboard and Stylus; Core m3 processor; 4 GB DDR4 memory; Samsung 128 GB SSD; Audio by
Bang & Olufsen; Win 10 Home
HP Photosmart 7520 AIO
|**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**|
Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!
I am not an HP employee.