Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks corgi11, do you know if this driver released by NVIDIA for the 6150SE for windows 10.

Or is this a work around that will work for the 6150SE.

Thanks

HP Recommended

HP Pavilion Slimline s5310y with the integrated graphics about 6 years old with LG 30" TV as the monitor.  No Problem.  I had Windows 7 Home Premium.  I installed the PNY Nvidia GeForce GT610 1024MB DDR3.  I bought it this week on sale for $35.00 from Best Buy. It has a minimum requirement of 300watts and my PSU is 220 Watts.  The Bios was already set to PCI.  You can check this by hitting F10 repeatedly the moment you push the power button.  Turned the PC back on after the install and then downloaded the GeForce Experience and that automatically updated the driver.  Then I backed up my PC.  Interestingly, the Windows Experience Rating shot up from 3.9 overall to 4.6.  The graphics card made a big difference.  I used Doom3, which I've had for years on this PC and was finally able to play it full screen in HD.   I never expected to do serious gaming on this anyway.  I then used the DVD I burned to load Windows 10.  I did not allow it to automatically install updates.  Took about 2 hours and had to use Geforce Experience again to update the driver and it works beautifully.  The card fit without a problem in the slot.  I only had to use both of the low profile brackets to port the connections side by side.

HP Recommended

Thanks, it worked fine.  The only thing that I needed to do after installing the recommended Nvidia display driver (309.08) was to reinstall the Nvidia nForce neworking controller driver to get the LAN interface working again using the device manager.  My Compaq Presario looks great now on Win 10.

HP Recommended

I upgrade to Windows 10 with my NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a.

Your GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 is a GeForce 6 Series, so this should work too

Here is the solution explained in detail for GeForce 6 or 7 Series:
NVIDIA compatibility issue with Windows 10 (Solved)

HP Recommended

This solution worked great for my HP Pavilion Slimline.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the solution.  Worked perfectly on my HP Pavilion A6110N desktop computer with onboard Geforce 6150se graphics.  Now running Windows 10 v1511 build 10586, not the RTM build 10240 release.

HP Recommended

thank so much bro! u saved me a lot of time!!! God bless you!

HP Recommended

The chosen solution says to burn a Windows DVD and install Windows 10 from that, and then install the proper video driver.  Has anyone actually done this?  I'm concerned that if you don't have a workable video driver after installing Windows 10 you won't be able to see anything legible on the screen. 

HP Recommended

Actually, you don't need to burn a DVD.

Regarding your question, Windows 10 will use a default driver from Microsoft until you install the correct driver.

You have more information and screenshots here: NVIDIA compatibility issue with Windows 10 (Solved)

HP Recommended

Yes, that's what I did and it worked.  You will still see your screen, even without the driver.  You'll install that afterwards.  Just read my prior post.  BTW, I had some subsequent issues with Windows 10 and because I have a DVD burned, I can always use it to reinstall Windows 10.... EREWHON.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.