Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello keithngiraldo. What exactly do you need assistance with, and what are you trying to do? To assist you properly, I require your computer model and operating system. If you need help finding the model, you can refer to this document: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Please respond as soon as possible. I'm only here to help!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
Well, I'm having the same problems, but now I need to throw another loop in here.

When I tried to boot up I also got the message: Error: no boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed. So, I ran the diagnostic and it told me: CPU test passed - Connection test failed - Error code is 3FO - Warning:Drive not detected - Memory test passed.

So, I replaced the existing hard drive with a brand new hard drive, fresh out of the box......the new hard drive wouldn't boot either, I got the same error message (Error: no boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed). So, I then ran the diagnostic on the new drive and it told me: CPU test passed - connection test passed - Boot test failed - Error code is: 3FO - Warning: boot sector corrupted/not found - Memory test passed.

What should I do? I thought of using a USB to SATA hard drive adapter and testing the old hard drive on my other desktop PC (I need the adapter because my other PC is old, but is an "old reliable", but doesn't use SATA. I haven't tried this test yet.

What should I do?
HP Recommended
I should add that my PC having the problems is an HP Touchsmart 420 1000t. Product No. QB908AV#ABA
HP Recommended
OS is Windows 7
HP Recommended

Do you have any external drives plugged in?  I have a Back Up Hard Drive that causes that issue.  I have to unplug it until my computer boots up then I can reattach it.  It seems that the external drive is being called up before my system finishes booting and it cannot read the drive so it cant advance to my primary drive. 

HP Recommended
I do not have an external hard drive a attached.
HP Recommended

Hey i have the Hp all in one touch pc as well! What i did is I tried installing fedora 20 on it and it Wiped the Hard Drive!

I also  disabled Secure boot and Enable Legacy Support! Since i do not have the Recovery Disks i have to use a Windows 8.1 Disk and use My Key from Bios. 

So the way to fix your hdd problem if it is not defective like mine isnt! Is to do this!

tipsandtricksforum.com/thread-245.htmlINSTALL THE OS ISO TO BOOT OR CD BY GOING HERE.

Step 1. When booting up have a keyboard plugged in and tap f10.

Step 2. Once in Bios go under first tab and use down key to go to where it says reset bios to default settings.

Step 3. Once reset tap f10 to Accept. Then

Step 4. Leave while saving settings.

Step 5. Put either a Windows 8 or 8.1 or Windows 7 Disk or Usb into your computer.

Step 6. Restart and Tap f9.  

Step 7. Choose Bootup With either Usb....Or Cd/Dvdr.

Step 8. Install Windows just like normal : P

The problem was that it would say that message when booting up with secure boot Disabled and Legacy Boot was Enabled.

So There you go... Once Installed Windows 8.1 again. It will automaticaly Detect your serial that came with your Computer! Since it is implanted into the bios.

You could just buy the recovery disks and get everything back that way. Though that can be costly and would take a while to get to your house. If all of those steps do not work. Then i suggest getting your Hdd Replaced By warranty!

HP Recommended
I have the same problem with my HP Pavilion Slimline S5-1114 but it always seem to work after knocking to pc by the side or switching it on after a few hours. But during the usage of the computer there will be some "corrupted" sounds from time to time and sometimes results in the blue screen appearing and saying that it has shut down the computer to prevent more damage to the computer. My question is why is there the period where the boot disk is not usable.
HP Recommended

Have been working an an HP Pavilion 23 All-In-One PC with this error. Ran the Diagnostic test and everything showed up ok. Could not resolve. Under warranty so a hard drive was sent and replaced. OS 8.1 was reinstalled and seemed to run  ok for a short period of time then the error started appearing again. Still under warranty so the unit was sent to an HP Warranty Service Center where the hard drive was determined to be the problem and was replaced for a second time. When the computer was sent back it still showed the same error. After a call to the Service Center, was told to install the OS. Doesnt seem to want to let the OS install. The Diagnostic testing shows all is well with the hard drive. Any other suggestions? Thanks for any!

HP Recommended

disable secure boot in bios - for hp pavillion a20 all in one pc

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.