Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Corsair 400CX is back on sale today for $30 after $20 rebate.  Shipping is free and no tax in many states.  No need to spend more $ on a PSU unless you have a dual GPU rig. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139008&nm_mc=AFC-DealNews&cm_mmc=AFC-DealNe...

HP Recommended
My PSU just died on me and i dont know why. i purchased a new one @ 430Watts. after connecting everything all i get on power up is a beep ever two seconds that dosent stop. its not a POST beep at all, it something else. any idea waht it could be. i have a hp pavillion a1648x and im haveing a very hard time locatione the bios chip
HP Recommended
Reseat all boards and connectors inside the PC.  Make sure that the two power plugs are connected to the board.  Connect only the mouse, keyboard, and monitor to the PC.  Clear CMOS.  You may have a cheap PSU or defective MB.
HP Recommended
thank you.im good
HP Recommended
Nice work RoyalSerpent.
HP Recommended
No problemo!
HP Recommended

Will this PSU fit inside the case of the HP Pavilion p1620t desktop? 

I've heard from a proffesional review that since this is a relatively small PSU, it should fit into most any case.

I've also heard that a lot of HP's use custom power supplies, that may cause problems fitting in new 3rd Party PSUs, and also that HP's may not recognize those custom PSU's even if they do fit.

HP Recommended
Measure the old unit and compare with the new replacement.
HP Recommended

I have a a1010y and the fan on the power supply is going bad so I got an ultra lsp 750.

The power supply does not work in my computer.

The power supply works fine in my brothers home built computer so what could be wrong?

HP Recommended

I will post a link from Antec, one of the best power supplies for the PC.  Here you can (close enough) find out, truly, what your power requirements are.  It does not matter what the video card, etc., says you need.  It is what that card draws from the system.

Once you put all things you have together on this site, you will get a pretty accurate count of your true power requirements.  For example, I have a PSU rated at 300 Watts max.  So to save power, I have taken out the modem card, the network card, etc. since I do not use them.  They still draw power while inserted in the slot.

I have a Quad Core Q6600 CPU (dual or quad counts as a single socket), GeForce 9800 GT video card, 15 card reader, I am using 2 USB ports all the time (it is not how many you have.  It's how many are being used) 1 SATA HD, 1 DVD-RW/CD/RW combo, there is 1 fan in the system ( CPU), ATX motherboard, 4 sticks of memory ( how many, not how many GB you have).  Leave recommended settings alone.

My wattage requirement for my set up is 243 watts.  Even though the video card says that I need a PSU of 400 watts, it has been running fine and cool for over 6 months.

http://www.antec.outervision.com/PSUEngine

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.