Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 3 (1,806 Views)

HP 2207h speaker solution

The problem I was having was that the speakers on the monitor were humming. Also I could not use my headphones on my external speakers because when I turned the sound up in Media Player or Real Player the sound on the monitor speakers would be high. I tried to use the cpu headphone jack but got the same humming noise.

I tried to unplug the monitor speakers but kept getting a low humming noise, some type of feedback I think. What I did was, on the monitor controls you have a speaker volume control I set that to level 2. Now I can use my headphones on the external speakers and still not wake everybody up. Plus if I want I can still use 4 speakers by just adjusting the volume on the monitor.

HP w2207h

Compaq Presario SR1750NX

Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 3 (1,694 Views)

Re: HP 2207h speaker solution

Thanks for sharing with everyone on the forum.
I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
Student
Message 3 of 3 (472 Views)

Re: HP 2207h speaker solution

HI i thought this thread might also be useful for my problem, since it also regards the in-built speakers as well.

I wanna use my own speakers directly plugged in thru the audio out jack, but sound still comes out through the in built speakers. I use this monitor for my PS3 which is plugged thru HDMI (and please dont ask why i didnt get a TV...) and i want to use my gaming headset WITH the speakers that i want to plug into the monitor. any suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation