Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Just purchased an HP 1TB SimpleSave drive. Plugged it into my computer the first time, and the software came up fine. I chose not to do a backup right then and exited the software.

Now the software won't come up correctly at all. When I attach it to the USB port the launcher comes up, and then an HP SimpleSave window opens, but that window is entirely blank. Same thing happens when I try to run HPLauncher.exe from the virtual CD drive or HDSimpleSave.exe from the drive itself. There's no SimpleSave icon in my system tray.

System details:

Windows 7

ZT desktop with AMD Phenom II X4 945 processor and 8 GB RAM

I'd be grateful for any help or suggestions.

Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have the answer to this problem now. I just called the HP Support for SimpleSave and agent told me to plug into my other USB port on my HP Notebook computer. It worked this time; I think I tried that before, but it worked fine this time. I can hardly believe it was that simple! 🙂

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37
HP Recommended

wow......i have the same problome with my 1 tb simple save hard drive it just says cd drive hp launcher it wont load like it did the first time .........................please help...........................

HP Recommended

I ended up calling the special HP SimpleSave support number: 866-444-7407

I reached a knowledgeable and helpful human within 2 minutes. He directed me to

http://hpsupport.wdc.com/hpsupport/product/download.asp? and had me download a new version of the software. He told me to save the zip file to the HP drive. I unzipped, and the software seems to be running correctly.

Bob

HP Recommended

FWIW, I had the same problem, only on a HP Pavilion dv8000 laptop running XP Home. No problems backing up using original SimpleSave until I partitioned HPSS drive for encryption. Left plenty of room for HPSS backup use.

Downloading new version of HPSS solved the problem, thanks.

A.

HP Recommended

I am trying to download the software and having problems.  This appears largely because the Simple Save drive is showing up in my Dell as a CDROM drive...and the system won't allow me to save to it because of this.  Any suggestions on how to get this fixed?

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Thanks for the solution...appears to be working just fine now. A hassle but fixed.

HP Recommended

Bob,

Thank you for the link.  We have a SimpleSave that we purchased about a year ago.  HP update told us that there was an update to the software, so we said install.  The InstallShield failed and we could not get the software to run.  The link you provided was very helpful.  We did the download and followed the instructions for installation and now the SimpleSave backup is working again.

Also, we also found that the new version of the software does not let you customize the back up file extension list.  The extra ones we wanted backed up did back up under "other".  I replied to the separate posting on this issue.

Jerry

HP Recommended

Bob,

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I had the same problem with software not loading and your

link did the trick! 

HP Recommended

Bob -  My Simple Save had the same problem.  Thanks for posting your help.  It's working fine so far 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.