Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

its the monitor menu. might be a dynamic phenomena. ever since i brought it back from the shop i've been havin one problem after another. never had problems with it before. think the **bleep** did somethin to it so he can get money out of me. if it cant be fixed might just go ahead and buy another one.

HP Recommended
If it's dynamic and the volume menu opens of its own and lower the volume to zero, then it seems to be a switch/button problem.
Check if you can release the switch - else you could use the hint given here and disconnect the wires to the button.

HTH
V.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
HP Recommended

how  do i disconnect the wires from the button?

HP Recommended
Sorry, I don't know how it looks inside, but if there are no connectors, it should be no problem to cut it with a knife or a pair of scissors and tape them out.

I've also read here from a person who put the wires outside and connected another switch to use the function:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio-Video-Monitors/Looking-for-small-part-for-HPw2207-monitor...

Maybe it's a solution for you too.

HTH
V.

P.S. These buttons seems to be a general problem at these monitors.
HP Recommended

this thing just bugs out on its own., sometimes it works fine and other times it doesnt. just gonna use my tv as the monitor til i can afford to buy the newer version of this one. just hate it when companies skimp on their products just so they can save money in their pocket. if they had truly invested in this thing so it would'nt have any glitches, it would have been flawless. pretty sure they knew about it before they released it.not the only one with this problem. all over google and youtube. well im rambling, thank you so much for your help, really appreiate. 🙂

HP Recommended

I purchased this monitor in June 2008.  The speakers stopped working shortly afterwards, but I just hooked up some external speakers.

Now the monitor flashes the monitor menu on and off, making it impossible to youe.

Is there a fix for this?

HP Recommended

I don't know if this is the same problem as the OSD lockout....but.....I purchased the monitor and computer in June 2008.  The speakers on the monitor stopped working shortly afterwards, but I just hooked up some external speakers, no biggie.

The other day, this retangular box kept popping up on my screen, right in the middle.   It had silver border, mainly black, with orange writing.  After spending a day thinking it was something I could fix in the computer, I determined it was the monitor.

I called customer service at HP.  Their tech told me to buy another monitor.  Real easy fix (for him)!  I guess they get paid a lot and get discounts. 

MY SOLUTION:  I took a letter opener (you could probably use a screwdriver just as well).  I pried the "SELECT" button off.  I then super glued it back in, with it in the pushed in position.  Haven't had the problem since doing that.  Hope it lasts, but I'll be putting some of my social security retirement check aside and be on the lookout for another monitor in the meantime! 

Maybe my high-tech solution will work.  I wonder if HP needs any more service techs?

HP Recommended

How do I get rid of the gray volume display box that keeps popping up on the desktop? I have an HP computer and this volume box pops up on it's own. It has the volume level of - and + and at the bottom reads 1024 x 768 - 60 Hz. I think it's connected through the menu control buttons on the bottom of my computer screen, cause when I mash the select or menu button, it disappears for a second, then pops back up and stays on. My mouse pointer disappears right under it, so I can't close it out or affect it. It pops up on it's own and stays in teh middle of the screen. No other option on the screem Menu button comes up.
How do I get rid of it?

Somethings when I press the menu button and hold it in, it goes away. At one time, an OSD Lockout message appeared in it's place. Now it's back to the volume box. It pops up every now and then. When I'm able to get it on the menu screen via the buttons on the monitor, the controls act of their own accord, the highlight just going up and down without my doing.
How do I solve the issue? Is it a problem with the monitor or the computer in general? Is it a virus issue?

HP Recommended
Is the volume the first (or last) item in the monitor menu?
Then it seems to be a damaged button.
You could disable the button by cutting the wires going to this button or
reseat it with a working mirco button (from a electronic store).
(like already mentioned above)

V.
HP Recommended

this action works form. holding the menu button for 30 seconds

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.