Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The question mark icon appeared after the latest update on my Win 7 desktop.  How can I get rid of it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

right click on the taskbar, go to toolbars, and then uncheck HP Support Assistant Quick Access.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you tried right click the icon and selecting 'Unpin this program from the taskbar'?

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Yes, I tried that - but the option was not there since the icon was on the right side of the taskbar.  However, since I submitted the question, I have answered it.  I right clicked on the taskbar, then clicked "toolbars" and found I could deselect HP Support Assistant.  Solved!!!

Thanks for the suggestion anyway!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for replying and good to hear you sorted it out :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

right click on the taskbar, go to toolbars, and then uncheck HP Support Assistant Quick Access.

HP Recommended

Thanks - I did solve the problem using that method, as I noted in my earlier comment.

HP Recommended

This only helps for a while. It will come bac not long after.

HP Recommended

Thank you! It's always satisfying when you find a gem like this. :LaughingTears:

HP Recommended

I have unchecked it several times, however it comes back every time I turn the computer on. How do I get rid of it permanently??

Spoiler
:HalfEyes:
HP Recommended

You need to do 2 tasks:

1... Uncheck the check box of 'HP Support Assistant Quick Access' at the Toolbars.

Capture a.PNGCapture b.PNG                             

2... Run 'HP Support Assistant' software ---> At the top-right side Click 'Settings' command --->When the 'Settings' screen is open to scroll down to look for 'Choose how you would like to be notified.' ---> Then Uncheck the first check box 'Display an icon in your taskbar...' ---> Then Click the 'Save' command at the bottom-right side. ---> Then close it!

Capture c.PNGCapture d.PNG

Now, it won't come back to appear on your taskbar any more!

Good luck to all...

THD

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.