Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question, please post a new topic. You can read more about archiving here.
Student
Message 1 of 7 (23,597 Views)

How do you burn avi files to a DVD?

I want to burn a movie to a dvd but the problem is that this movie is in the .avi format.) Is it possible to burn a .avi file to a dvd. Also tell me how to get this to work. are you familiar with any program which will help me in this matter. Please suggest a suitable burner application. 
Appreciate your early reply so much.

I want to burn a movie to a dvd but the problem is that this movie is in the .avi format. Is it possible to burn a .avi file to a dvd. Also tell me how to get this to work. are you familiar with any program which will help me in this matter. Please suggest a suitable burner application.

Appreciate your early reply so much...

Provost
Message 2 of 7 (23,587 Views)

Re: How do you burn avi files to a DVD?

Hi inmanjames,

You can burn a .avi file directly to a dvd but unless you have a player capable of playing the file within the .avi container, it won't work.  Often files within a .avi container are encoded in the xvid or divx codec.  If you only wish to play these files on a computer there are plenty of free codec packs you can install which will allow you to do this.  A good example of this is on the link here.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_klite_codec_pack/

However, if you wish to play these movies in a dvd player you will first need to convert the .avi in to a suitable format.  The program on the link below is excellent at this and will also handle burning the converted .avi to a blank dvd, however it is not free.

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/

Hope this helps,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider

Associate Dean
Message 3 of 7 (23,432 Views)

There is free software that works quite well: http://www.dvdflick.net/download.php

This will make most any video file usable in a standard DVD player.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Honor Student
Message 4 of 7 (23,291 Views)

How about Aneesoft DVD show, an popular DVD burner software

Honor Student
Message 5 of 7 (23,259 Views)

dont  use  anything  from  filehippo.com  have  found  files  infected  with  virus,s    convert x to dvd  works  great  with  avi  and  all  other  formats  check  out  cnet.com  or  downloads.com   or  you  may  have  to  buy  the  software .

Honor Student
Message 6 of 7 (22,455 Views)

You can use a avi to dvd  converter , Then following the steps , it is an easy work . You can do that youself .

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 7 of 7 (22,440 Views)

[ Edited ]

I forgot to tell you what is kind converter you should use , you can use an avi to dvd converter .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation