Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Pavillion Slimline s5280a Home PC

Operating system Windows 7 - Home Premium

Error Message: Failed to burn disc - Can not burn end of disc at once

Have made many enquiries to date, and the best solution so far seems to be my 'Firmware' for the product in question is out of date?

Have tried to download driver updates from HP - but with no success!

Can anyone offer any solutions...thank you in anticipation.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Here is the link to the latest firmware version RB0E for your drive.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL32643/pv-80854-1/sp44462.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your last reply. I was actually very excited to at last recieve some help. Unfortunately for me, the download was accepted, (bonus), but the burning still had the same out come eg: can not burn end of disc at once.

Any other suggestion would be most appreciated. I have been going around in circles for the last month trying to fix this problem, but all to no avail.

Thank you once again for your reply, and hope that you may come up with a new solution.

Kind Regards

HP Recommended

This doesn't work, keep getting error 9994.

HP Recommended

Thank 'Vidya' for the download. I think I have said before that the download came up with an error message saying: up to date error 9995?

Still going around in circles as far as -  (end of disc at once.) error message is concerned. Seems no one has an answer that applies or fixes the problem? Just wish I knew how/why the problem started in the first place?

Once again thank you for your time and trying to solve my problem. I still have it ' out there' in HP land, so fingers crossed.

Kind Regards

HP Recommended

I was looking to see if my DVD burner supported dual layer writing, and while it does, there is something becoming more and more evident. it seems that all burners are inhearintly poor toward the end of the burning process. (i.e. this link)

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/inspector/inspector.php I hope it helps to guide you to your answer.  I would like to know if you were able to defeat this so let me know on this thread if you would. Thanks. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.