Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question, please post a new topic. You can read more about archiving here.
Student
Message 1 of 3 (12,344 Views)

Lost my speaker drivers

My speaker drivers are gone from my Pavilion m9515y desktop.  I tried to identify which ones I need to download but to no avail.  Any help appreciated.
Professor
Message 2 of 3 (12,311 Views)

Re: Lost my speaker drivers

Hi WalStron,

Did you change any hardware or software on your PC before the sound stopped working?

Here are a few different ways you can reinstall your sound driver:

Re-install the original driver that shipped with the PC by using Recovery Manager.

Download and re-install the original driver if you don't have Recovery Manager.

Or install the sound driver that is created by the original sound card manufacturer (Realtek). - as a note here, you have High Definition Audio.

For reference, here is your Product Specifications.

Let us know how it goes.

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
Student
Message 3 of 3 (7,490 Views)

Re: Lost my speaker drivers

I lost my speaker driver or connection to my HP Pavilion Lap top, any ideas on how to repair   it.  I think I accidently deleted it

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation