Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (2,601 Views)

Need CMOS battery help

I don't want to go to the trouble of opening up my Desktop PC. I have this HP a300n pc that cannot keep the the time current,.

When I turned off the computer and turned it back on it boots up with  Jan 2001 and a different time. I was told

that the cmos battery may be too weak and should be replaced. So, I called the HP tech help and to my surprise the tech guy

whom I talked to didn't know that the pc had a clock on the motherboard!!!! Amazing.

I need to know if anyone out there happens to know which battery model the a300n would accept. I checked the HP site and other internet

sites without any luck.

thanks

Professor
Message 2 of 4 (2,593 Views)

Re: Need CMOS battery help

You can purchase the battery almost anywhere. You need the CR2032 model/battery number.
Student
Message 3 of 4 (2,544 Views)

I am trying to find the battery model for an hp a510n

Thanks!!

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor
Message 4 of 4 (2,538 Views)

[ Edited ]

Your motherboard specification:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00069442

Almost all ATX motherboards use CR2032, but the battery is very easy to remove. Turn off the PC, move it away from a carpeted area and ground yoursef (touch the faucet in a sink), remove the side panel, take the battery out, look at it, take it to your local department store watch or electronics department and buy a new one.

I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation