Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Thanks! It worked finally!!!
HP Recommended

How do I get rid of power button lockout?

HP Recommended

The power button lockout can be turned on or off by holding the on-off button down for about 20 secs. If you hold the button down for too long for regular on-off use, it will switch the lockout from the mode that it is in to the open mode. Also you have to be careful when trying to switch modes to not hold it down too long, or it will cycle back again to the original mode. When in the open mode, hold the on-off switch for only a second or so or it will switch to the lockout mode.

HP Recommended

Thanks for this just posted a message for help then noticed this lol I've had the same problem with my monitor and thanks to this problem solved :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

Thankyouverymuch to Dallas of HP from Oregon. and to GOLDENBOYWPG (I think) for asking the question and posting the answer.  I seem to have a mental block when it pertains to forums.

TTFN

HP Recommended

power botton has been lock for 3 mouths or more thank you for your help . 

HP Recommended

Thank you, thank you, thank you, that was driving me crazy.

HP Recommended

Thanks so much. My monitor did this to me just today because I got sidetracked and it went to sleep. Then it didn't want to come back on then it wouldn't let me shut it off and I was about ready to throw it across the room until this. So it was very very helpful!

HP Recommended

THANK U! THANK U! THANK U!  Was going crazy for 2 days and was just about to call HP --and pay!  This solution worked like a charm--right away--saved me money! So glad I found this forum!  Was just in time!

HP Recommended
Here it is December 2013 and you are STILL helping folks by posting this. Thanks!!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.