Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My new HP Pavillion Elite(m9525f) desktop,quadcore and my new HP Monitor(w2338h) do not seem to be working well together and just purchased on April 18/09.   When I want to shut off my monitor,connected to my tower or not, I push the top power button on my monitor and it won't shut off and I keep getting this message"power button lockout"??   I am operating Vista Home Premium(64 bit) which came pre-instaled.  I called for HP support and was told the first time to shut off my tower and while holding down the power button on my monitor, I also had to unplug the power for approx. a minute(while still holding down the power button) and then plug my monitor back in and turn on my tower.  This did not work.  Then I was told to go into my monitor options and click on rest defaults and this didn't work. I then was instructed to go into my device manager,display seetings and uninstall my Navidia 9300GE driver and then restart my system and it would re-install but this didn't work either.  Finally, I was told to do a complete system restore to factory settings and guess what??  It still hasn't cured my monitor power button problem.  Please help or let me know if there is a solution as I am going to call HP Support again and give them a piece of my mind.  Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi.  I finally found a solution to my problem from a HP Tech named Dallas whom is from the state of Oregon.:smileyvery-happy:  The solution was to hold down the power button on my monitor,with the power on, for approx. 25-30 seconds and finally my monitor shut off.:smileyvery-happy:  I now can shut off and turn on my monitor with no problems now.:smileyvery-happy:  Thanks to Dallas of HP.:smileyvery-happy:

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42
HP Recommended
Hi.  I finally found a solution to my problem from a HP Tech named Dallas whom is from the state of Oregon.:smileyvery-happy:  The solution was to hold down the power button on my monitor,with the power on, for approx. 25-30 seconds and finally my monitor shut off.:smileyvery-happy:  I now can shut off and turn on my monitor with no problems now.:smileyvery-happy:  Thanks to Dallas of HP.:smileyvery-happy:
HP Recommended

I have the w1858 Monitor and was having the same Power Button Lockout problem. I couldn't figure out what caused it to come on and why it wouldn't turn off! Thanks for the information bc I held down the power button just a little longer than the first time around and it did reset for me too!

Thanks again for the tip!

HP Recommended

Thank You so very much

HP Recommended

Thanks you!!!! I was having the same issue for absolutley no reason. Problem solved!

HP Recommended

Well, Bless you Dallas from Oregon, and thanks to you, too, Golderboy.  I thought the message meant that my power switch was broken and I was afraid to mess with it for fear I'd turn the monitor off and never get it back again.

THANKS!

HP Recommended

Sorted same problem on HP 2309v monitor. Many thanks.

HP Recommended

Thanks Goldenboy...I was having the same issue and thanks to you and Dallas, it was resolved after holding down the power button for several seconds. thanks

HP Recommended

Thank you very much.  This also fixed my problem without added headaches.  I have had so much problems lately with my computer and laptop and this was just adding to it.  But problem solved very quickly.  Again Mucho Gradias, Danka, and any other language you can think of.

HP Recommended

THANK YOU!! I HAD SAME PROBLEM TOO AND I HAD TO ALWAYS UNPLUG MY MONITOR AT NITE BCUZ IT WOULDNT SHUT OFF!!!  I TRIED EVERYTHING I DIDNT KNOW THE SOLUTION WAS SO SIMPLE!!! THANKS AGAIN

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.