Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Not_techie123, thanks for your quick response and time.

I appreciate efforts for trying out the steps.

You cannot run the BIOS on a different laptop or PC, The BIOS is specifically made for your laptop.

If you are unable to execute the BIOS on your laptop it;s certain that BIOS has got corrupted on your PC.

To restore BIOS you have to contact HP and send the laptop in for service, so they will do a chip level formatting of BIOS or replace the BIOS chip.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Can you check the following link - http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02693833

I am on Step 2: Creating the BIOS recovery media

I am creating BIOS on USB so that I can use this to install on broken laptop.  Number 7 of the above is -

The HP System BIOS Update Utility opens. Click Next

For me, this doesn't happen.  Instead of HP System BIOS Update, this opens InsydeFlash.  I am NOT and DON'T want to install BIOS on a working laptop. I am using a working laptop to install BIOS on a USB disk.

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.