Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
No, but I have read about others that bought NEW power supply's and that did not fIx their issue.

But you maybe on to something. There are capacitors that store the voltage to start things in a circuit. The caps could be week and or under sized and thus the failure at around two years from purchase.

I will look into this aspect a little more and see if there are any caps on the motherboard that are week or bad looking.
HP Recommended
There or in the power supply, bulging on the top would give you your answer
HP Recommended
... or leaking.
HP Recommended
Same pc model and recently ran into the same problem...love the pc but this defect sucks and now I need a new one. That was what HP likely intended sadly.
HP Recommended

Doesn't Work

HP Recommended

I have a similar problem, its been going on awhile now, I can reformat with the recovery program and the computer works for a bit, after Windows updates the monitor last for about 15 minutes depending on how long the machine has been running, then the monitor goes out, but the computer is still running normal. I replaced the cpu fan but the problem eventually came back. It ran really good all day sunday and into monday morning consistently, but then somehow windows updated ( I thought I had prevented automatic updates) and it went back to the monitor shutting down. I read somewhere it could be the hardrive failing....not sure though, possibly the graphics CPU also...   My unit is a TS 610-1147c BTW...

HP Recommended
Were you able to fix blank screen. Your right it's all over chatter. Our small energy transaction firm purchased 22 computers from our office supply person. For big ticket items we usually use our contract with staples. I mention this because we originally fired , ceased or business with office supply gentlemen whom is a single man operation. We like the idea of working botique. We had 4 computers stop booting up even though we can hear and see the light on power led light. Btw we owned them for two weeks. Three weeks have gone by. We have not tried it fix after the hp rep/ geek squad/ and in house tech read the same chatter we sense you are referring to.

With zero success and to our disbelief 7 more systems reach 50% of our purchase order don't work now.. My employer is so upset he doesn't want to me to fix them. His words "let's wait till the other 10 break down. Since 11 broke in less than two months he thinks odds look good in our failure. Hell we are only in two months ownership. We have time to fight for warranty. There seems to be enough chatter for civil suit. ". They are willing to fix them via geek squad or shipping..

We feel that number 13 will break while others are being fixed. Trying to tell them it's. A different unit than already in play will be a nightmares. Just the constant follow up. You know at least one will come back not fixed.

Hence my dilema. We just want to have commputers to work on. We upgraded so old ones don't work well. When these worked they were perfect. We can sure use some help while our boss goes on with his private sunsui attack of high corp society. Kicking little man down. I saw you message stating you were passed on, towards another road with a different driver. We have talked to a few whom want to charge 400 for.500 computer that we get a discount. How can fixing cost more than buying. Someone should start a company that fixes product ciost more to fix than buy. Here nobody and just buy a new one, send to customer, sell broken one in piecemail. Earn spread from fix charge from purchase plus profit from strip sell. If you buy enough new ones you could get a volume discount and charge less to fix than competition that actuall take time to fix or hire tech agents.
HP Recommended
Nope. No fixing it. My mother just bought a new one since she liked the old one so much. Personally, I'd be calling it a day and getting something not made at that same factory....
HP Recommended

I have been on the phone for over 35 min. with tech support. I have been passed to 6 agents who ask the same questions, i.e. modl # serial # and what is the problem. Then the tell me I will be connected to the proper tech. (someone who can help me.) After 5 or 6 min another tech. with the same roun of questions then on hold. I finally had to hang up after the last one due to increasing blood pressure. How many have switched to Dell because of this attitude? Flash screen on startup then blank..... What to do?  Rick

HP Recommended
Please can someone help me, Iv been searching online and all over the web, and they dont seem ro have anything with the problem I have, I have a HP touchsmart 300, the computer turned off without any notification, then when it restarted, the computer turned on untill it was on the login screen, the it just started flashing on and off, Im not sure what to do, my english isnt very good, and im not good with technology. Im not sure what to do.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.