Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

after installed Windows 7 x64 and upgraded all the driver found on the m9770ch site I noticed that there is an "unknown device" in the device manager. Clicking on it I saw that this is the AVerMedia driver. This hw is not recognized by Windows 7. Tried to install Vista x64 driver but the installer told me that those drivers are not written for Windows 7 and the installation failed.

Are there some drivers for teh AVerMedia adapter for Windows 7 Ultimate x64?

Many thanks for your great support in this forum.

Regards, Leevy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey Pc-Tester.

you are my hero!! Many thanks for your hint. AverMedia works now like a charm!

Thank you very much for your support.

Kind regards

Lecraevy

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Does the device go away after rebooting?

What is the Plug and Play ID of this Unknown device?

Does it help if you uninstall the TV-Tuner driver and opt to "Delete the driver software from my computer"

Reboot and allow it to install the driver from Windows Update.

Message Edited by PC_Tester on 10-29-2009 11:48 PM
HP Recommended

Hi PC_Tester,

Thank you for your answer!

After rebooting the device is still there under "other devices" and as unknown device.

How can I find out the Plug&Play ID for this device?

There is no driver for this device on the HP site for Windows 7 x64. Someone told me that in many cases I can still use also the Vista x64 drivers, but the installation routine does not allows that.

Through Windows update there is also no drivers available.

Best regards

Leevy

HP Recommended

Click on Start --> right click on Computer, Properties, Device Manager, find the unknown device, right mouse click on the device, Properties, go to the Details tab, from the Properties drop down box, select Hardware ids and type out the first line.

HP Recommended

Hi! I have the same problem on a m9675.it My hardware id lines are:

AVStream\AVer888RCIR#PCI#VEN_14F1&DEV_8880&SUBSYS_E1391461&REV_04
AVStream\AVer888RCIR#PCI#VEN_14F1&DEV_8880&SUBSYS_E1391461
AVStream\AVer888RCIR#PCI#VEN_14F1&DEV_8880&CC_040000
AVStream\AVer888RCIR#PCI#VEN_14F1&DEV_8880&CC_0400

Please help me! Another thing... How can i get the remote work? After the upgrading to win7 it doesn't work like tv tuner...

Thanks in advance!

HP Recommended

The driver is definitely on Windows Update

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=PCI%5CVEN_14F1%26DEV_8880%26SUBSYS_E139146...

Opt to Uninstall the device with the [ ] Delete the driver driver from the computer from device manager, reboot, allow the system to connect to the internet to search for the driver automatically

HP Recommended
Thanks! It work! You solved my problem! :OpenSmile:
HP Recommended

Hey Pc-Tester.

you are my hero!! Many thanks for your hint. AverMedia works now like a charm!

Thank you very much for your support.

Kind regards

Lecraevy

HP Recommended
I have the same problems as described (but system is windows 7 32 - ultimate); the recommendation did not work, unfortunately. I found the drivers on the windows site, but am not able to install them, neither manually nor automatically. Any other good idea?
HP Recommended

Hi all

I have exactly the same problem. But but after the recommended procedure Windows is answering ".Windows could not find driver for your device"

In my Device Manager is the following:

AVStream\AVer888RCIR#PCI#VEN_14F1&DEV_8880&SUBSYS_E1391461&REV_04
AVStream\AVer888RCIR#PCI#VEN_14F1&DEV_8880&SUBSYS_E1391461
AVStream\AVer888RCIR#PCI#VEN_14F1&DEV_8880&CC_040000
AVStream\AVer888RCIR#PCI#VEN_14F1&DEV_8880&CC_0400

Entering the first line in Microsoft Update Katalog (This site is in German Langauage - could it be its only in US available?) gives also the message:

RSSEs wurden keine Ergebnisse gefunden für "AVStream\AVer888RCIR#PCI#VEN_14F1&DEV_8880&SUBSYS_E1391461&REV_04"

Any Idea's?

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.