Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

THANK YOU

what  a lifesaver!

This solution actually works

What they don't tell you in ANY manual is that the blue light on the USB receiver is actually a reset button!  With the receiver plugged in to a USB port, I pushed the button/light until it started flashing.  What it doesn't tell you to do next is to push the blue button (not lighted) on the bottom of the keyboard until the blue light on the receiver STOPS flashing.  At that point, my keyboard started to function again, and the mouse was just fine.

HP Recommended

I had a problem with my keyboard and used the resed button cleverly hidden on the transciever attached to your USB port. Push and hold this button until the blue light flashes and then hold the "Connect" button on the Keyboard and it should connect. I am not sure why people think that batteries are to blame but it can't hurt to make sure they are good but as far as different brands go I don't think it matters. I use duracell rechargables and have never had a problem. The "Connect" button on the Dongle is the key to this issue. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

There are several ways by which the wireless keyboard in HP laptop not working. If the issue is with the drivers

installed then try to install the corruption free drivers for the respective keyboard used. Also check whether the

batteries used are new, fresh and contains charge. Users are also recommended to make sure that the receiver is not

blocked by any external interference and is properly connected. The main thing to be kept in mind is that you are

in the range limit offered by the vendor for this wireless keyboard.

Get more information and help to fix HP Wireless Keyboard Not Working issues :

http://supportforhp.iyogi.com/wireless-keyboard-not-working.html

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware/wireless-keyboard-not-working/td-p/19433

Hope this helps you.

Set peace of mind as your highest goal,and organize your life around it.
HP Recommended

SOLVED!!!!!!!!

just registered n stuff just to say that this method worked perfectly! 20 min ago i went to local shop and bought a new wired kb, just to come home and read this and fix my kb... thanks so much...

HP Recommended

OH MY GOODNESS. YES, SUCH A LIFESAVER, THANK YOU. 

I just had to register for an account to yell my gratitude. Like you guys, I tried everything from changing the battery to plucking the reciever in-out-in-out-in-out and reading HP's troubleshoot article but nothing worked. 

I spent like half a day using the onscreen keyboard which was driving me insane ._. Yeah and then it came upon me to simply google 'wireless keyboard stopped working' instead of all the fancy stuff and I FOUND THIS. 

Seriously, why in the world is that button like, so secretive!? I was quite dubious at first upon reading this but then it became more of like, 'omg i never knew i could press this!!" This method worked perfectly, thank you so much.

Dear HP, please include this piece of information in your troubleshoot article.  

HP Recommended

::: THANK YOU :::

Like others, I had wasted a great deal of time rebooting with and without the USB dongle, pressing the connect button, uninstalling drivers and rebooting with the hopes that it would reinstall a posabably corrupt driver or config. I was ready to run out and buy a new keyboard when I remembered the virtual keyword, and Googled "Wireless keyboard stopped working"

What a simple fix - why HP would hide this function is beyond me. You would think removing and remounting the USB dongle would be enough, since it is a common solution.

HP Recommended

02/02/2012 - was just about to go to WalMart to buy a new wireless keyboard and mouse - both stopped functioning all at once.  Tried replacing all of the batteries, plugged the USB receiver in a different slot or two and tried using it on another computer..just in case the computer downstairs was dying..nada.  Thought I would do a quick check online to see if anyone else was having the same issues...ran into your message and tried it..worked like a charm.  Thanks!  (PS Darn - had the husband convinced I should go for a new computer...:-(  )

HP Recommended

Thank you to the guy out there who posted the solution that actually works...and i just did what he said and it works.

"THANK YOU"

HP Recommended

You are a complete life saver.  This was a Christmas present for my daughter which was a massive disappointment when the keyboard wouldn't work!!  This post sorted the problem.  Thank you so much!!!

HP Recommended
When I Press the button/ light it doesn't blink
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.