The HP Community is here for you.
10-03-2011 09:29 AM
unsure if I am pci-e 2.1 compatible, suggestions?
was looking at this one, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N8
10-03-2011 02:43 PM - last edited on 02-21-2017 03:15 PM by OscarFuentes
Your PC only has a 250 watt power supply (PSU) so adding a decent video card is not going to work.
The video card that you reference is a decent video card but it's marked out of stock. Here are some more Radeon 6770s.
If you upgrade the PSU to 600 watts then you will have plenty of power are more choices. The Corsair CX600 would be a good choice.
You should open up your PC and measure the physical dimensions of your power supply. Here is a list of things to consider:
- Total wattage - important
- 12+ volt amperage rating - important
- Modular - not mandatory but I like the flexibility
- i7 and SLI ready
- Efficiency rating
- Physical size -- standard ATX PSU is 5.5" by 5.9" by 3.4" give or take a few tenths
- A single 12+ volt rail is a better choice.
www.newegg.com has lots of PSUs choices. Corsair, OCZ, Rosewill, Thermaltake.....