The HP Community is here for you.
06-21-2011 08:52 PM
on my hp pavilion a1410y desktop I have the palladium or palladin virus. i want to reboot to get rid of it but i cant find my start up system replacemnt cds. where can i buy them or anyone know how to get rid of that virus?
06-21-2011 09:24 PM - edited 06-21-2011 09:24 PM
if you are somehow a tech person and can do manual removal of these things, you might want to try these:
Palladium Removal Instructions
Step1: Use anti-virus program to do a full scan and then remove this Palladium virus once it was detected by the Safeguard program.
Step2: To stop all Palladium processes, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open the Windows Task Manager. Click on the "Processes" tab, search for the virus, then right-click it and select "End Process" key.
Step3: Remove the Palladium virus from registry editor. Click "Start" button and selecting "Run." Type "regedit" into the box and click "OK." Once the Registry Editor is open, search for the registry keys below:
%Programs%\Palladium Antivirus\Palladium Antivirus.lnk
If you thought the virus threat was big, consider the incidence of spyware infection. Or you hesitate to remove yourself for in case due to mistakes damaging your system.
You can try scanning your pc with your favorite anti virus software, adware and other things you have and try to have it removed by those. If not manual deletion of the links and exe files of the virus is the last resort in order for you not to do a recovery or a format.
hope this helps.
06-22-2011 02:45 PM
First try starting your system in safe mode. If it starts, then you have an easy solution for your problem.
1. Download Avira free edition(http://www.avira.com/en/avira-free-antivirus) from Internet Cafe/get from friends.(Only Avira can be installed/scanned in safe mode)
2. Then install Avira in safe mode and do a complete system scan.(Note: Change configuration settings to Expert Mode before Scan)
3. Restart. and Your PC is good.
If the safe mode is not opening, then do the following one by one till you get it right.
1. startup repair (with restore point)
2. If you don't have your OS Recovery, ask your nearest HP service. And use it for repair.
3. Do a clean Install of your OS.
** Please give Kudos If you want to Thank Me! **