Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question, please post a new topic. You can read more about archiving here.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (765 Views)

nvidia geforce 8400 gs

I have an HP Pavilion m9040n PC which about two years old. I would like to upgrade the current graphics card, ASUS ranger Nvidia geforce 8400 gs pci-e. I can not find a card to replace this which has the s-video output. There is also a two pin connector that is next to the s-video output on the card that is plugged into the computer. The cards I looked at did not have this connector on them. If I purchase a card and do not use this wire will this effect the capture card mounted on the front of this computer? I need the capture card to work.

What cards can I use? 

Master's Graduate
Message 2 of 2 (710 Views)

Re: nvidia geforce 8400 gs

[ Edited ]

Can you give some more information about this two pin connector?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01154933

Look at Figure 4 and is the circled item the two pin connector you are talking about? Also is the capture card seperate from the geforce graphics card? No wires being shared in-between them.

I am an HP employee.
Make it easier for others to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation