Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I created a log in just to say thank you.  I was at wit's end trying to figure out what happened with my wireless button.  I know, I know - first world problems.  Nevertheless, thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for posting this , I was having same problem with a hp pavillion G6 where the radio button was disabled , after I read you post I turned mine off and then hit the f10 as it was booting up then restored the default settings to factory  and when I restarted it the radio button wa active and it found found my wifi router signal immediantly 🙂 thank you so  much! 🙂

HP Recommended

Same here, Thanks for the info. I thougth that I need a new computer. But it worked and I have access to the internet finally again!

HP Recommended

Hey BBme,

Glad all is well. Have a great week.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Ok everyone who said that the f10, f9,f10 would restore my default setting in BIOS MODE, your my HEROS!!! It is two days before Christmas and I opened my computer to correct my sons homeschooling online and my touch screen wireless connection function would NOT turn blue!! After 5 hours of tears and frustration I called HP and they wanted to charge me $49.99 the HP rep told me it was a software problem that he could fix via remote access to my computer. This is not ideal being two days before Christmas. I got online via my IPad and thank God I did. I google searched " HP Pavikion wireless switch" and I found this blog! THANK YOU JESUS AND THANK YOU BLOGGERS!!! I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY!!
HP Recommended
No it doesn't delete any files. That was my main concern as I homeschool my children and was worried I would lose everything and I have no way to back up my files.. I used this process I pressed f10 when my computer was going to start(while screen was black)it took me to BIOS MODE I then pressed f9 to reset default settings, confirmed change by pressing the enter button then pressed f10 to save and exit BIOS MODE my computer then booted up normally and the blue wireless connectivity light popped on immediately and I didn't lose a single file. I couldn't believe HP WAS GOING TO CHARGE ME $49.99 to fix this so called software problem. THANK GOD FOR BLIGGERS,!
HP Recommended

Where is the wireless button on the HP All-in-One?????????

HP Recommended

THANKYOU SO MUCH!!! F10, F9 DIDN'T WORK FOR ME- THIS WAS THE SOLUTION I NEEDED! I AM SO GREATFUL!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my HP620, the SOLUTION I came up with is that most linux based OSs (like mint cinemon or ubuntu) have a turn on/off wireless feature, so I boot in USB stick with mint cinemon, click the wireless tray icon, and turn the wireless on (witch turns the wifi button indecator from orange to white on my keyboard) and reboot to windows. It's a shame that windows doesn't have this usefull feature.

HP Recommended

I bought my HP dv6 used and was stumped by this today.  This "fix" worked.  Thanks for helping me out!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.