Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hello Rajiv_Jain,

If your computer has a wireless button you should be able to press that in order to enable wireless. Some models have a wireless assistant software that can be ran that can help enable / disable wireless as well.

Refer to this manual for instructions on both
http://goo.gl/pLf4S
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
HP Recommended

How do I turn on the wireless capability for the HP Pavilion? 

HP Recommended

HP really need to post this fix on their ,also why it happens would help.@ Tracymperry ,Thanks Alot for your help I also spent hours trying to fix this.Your fix worked

HP Recommended

Hi guys, 

Thank you all so much for the solution..I had the same problem too..

it bothered me for 1 whole night to figure out this..

I even tried to update my driver to different version but still failed.

This method is perfectly working. Just restarted my laptop n press F9 before the windows logo comes out, then select network adapter, woala~ internet is back!

Just registered this account to share n confirm this method is working 🙂

hope this is useful for other people

HP Recommended

thanks so much for the f10 f9 f10 solution, I was hours trying to fix this to no avail, your solution works like a charm

HP Recommended

thanks hey F10 F9 F10 is da deal you are a life saver.

HP Recommended
hey guyz...d touch pad which is above keypad wch is used for wirless ntwrks varyng sound......is not reponding....wt shd i do nw.....itz of hp pavilion dv6 1152tx
HP Recommended

does doing this get rid of any programs that you have on your computer?

HP Recommended

Hello shengen55,

Your wireless button has stopped working.

If I’m guessing right, you want to know if you reset BIOS defaults does it affect any programs on the computer.

The answer is no. None of your programs will be affected.

Turn off the computer.
As you turn it back on tap the F10 key. This will load BIOS setup utility.
Press F9 to load defaults.
Press F10 to save and exit.

When the computer boots back up, check to see if everything is working.

Let me know how everything goes.

Have a good day.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much! This definitely worked! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.