Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Just deployed our first t510 and I have to say I was massively impressed at how easy it was!!!  We are using it to RDP to a Windows 7 VM and I was told by staff that it just disconnects during the day.  Realizing this could be any number of issues, I wanted to see if what logs or events or anything I can obtain from the t510 that would help me diagnose the issues.

Thanks!

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

Just off the top of my head:

When we were having issues with disconnects, it turned out to be conflicting IP addresses. Make sure that you're using DHCP and that there's plenty of addresses in your scope.

Maybe not the issue, but it certainly was for us.

HP Recommended
Hi,
Are they disconnecting during idle time? or are they disconnecting during active use?
HP Recommended
Is the disconnection happening without an error message?
Maybe also the Server Log might give a clue.
I am an HP Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HP.
**Click the Thumps Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
HP Recommended

Thanks!  I suppose there could be a conflict, although my DHCP logs would have told me but then again, I've seen stranger things happen...I'll check though and make sure...

HP Recommended
That's a good question and one I should have thought of...I will find out!
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you advise what operating system you are using?

The T510 can use WES2009, WES7, Thinpro or Smart Client.

For different operating systems, I may be able to suggest differnt things.

Regards

Andrew S

HP Recommended

We had the same problem.  Contacted HP support which gave these instructions which worked great:

1. On the thin client get into the Administrator mode and then open the xterminal.

2. Type regeditor and hit enter.

3. That will open the Thinpro Registry Editor.

4. Under Registry tab, select "Connection type", and under connection type select "freerdp", and under freerdp select "connections", and under connections, expand the UUID which will besimilar to {9d84f354-4e7b-4564-88a8- 9635473c20b7}, and under that highlight "timeoutwarning". On the right side, you will see the key Description.

The value will be set to 4000 by default. Change the value of timeoutwarning from 4000 to 0. Save and quit.

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I have exactly the same problem as described above,  

When i change the timeoutwarning to 0 it does not help. 

So i tried to change the timeouterror setting to 0 but that is not allowed by the system.  

Any idea on how to solve this ?  

HP Recommended

ThinPro and Smart Zero implement a timer feature that tests if the server is still reachable from the thin client.

The client will test and report if is has not been able to contact the server for the nominated period.

MSTSC does not implement this feature so will not give similar error.

If you are seeing this error, you have network issues between the thin client and the RDS server. Users will be impacted by these network issues and the ThinPro FreeRDP client is trying to warn you.

If you have bumped the counters out to a larger value and still see errors, you really have network issues.

Regards

Andrew S.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.