Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elite x3

I am in the processing of setting an Elite x3 and had a question about the second SIM slot on the device. I'm not sure if I will use it dual SIM mode often, but on previous dual SIM devices I know that the non-active data SIM would use 2G to maintain a voice/data/text connection. In the US, AT&T has shut down its 2G network. This has made the other Windows Mobile dual SIM devices basically single SIM in pratice now...

It looks like a firmware update on the x3 from late 2016 remedies this and allows the second SIM to use 3G in the background while primary SIM uses HSPA+/LTE. Is this the case now?

I was looking to see if anyone can speak from real-world experiences. I have a T-Mobile SIM with an unlimited data plan that I often use for mobile hotspot but also have an AT&T SIM I use primarily for voice and for data when in more rural areas without great T-Mobile coverage. When I'm using AT&T SIM as primary T-Mobile can still step down to 2G, but this is no longer the case when AT&T would be SIM2.

I'm not in a spot to test it out yet -- phone is at home and I am traveling this week.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there.  So how did you arrange your SIM cards?  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.