Post new question
Question
Elite x3 SD card issue
Replies (253)

Intern
Message 91 of 254 (567 Views)

Re: Elite x3 SD card issue

Replacement phone with current firmware had error yesterday after 3 days of use. I kept my case open after the new phone just in case, glad I did.
Tutor
Message 92 of 254 (558 Views)

Slepr, I appreciate the encouraging words. I concur with your analysis of the potential impact of Windows on ARM to provide MS with a path to a new generation of devices. My three concerns remain: (1) How long must loyalists endure substandard service; (2) will even that solve the app gap issue; (3) why must we settle for equipment today that doesn't work? As to the latter, and the reason for this forum, it has been weeks since HP and/or Microsoft have known of this problem and it remains unresolved. They have tried new trays and even new phones, but that hasn't worked. And even a recent firmware update made no difference. The Elite x3 is the only flagship available, and it is disheartening that such a major issue is not resolved immediately. My guess is neither Apple nor Samsung would have let a problem so severe plague their flagships so long with no explanation and no apparent resolution in sight. I appreciate your faith, which I have shared for years, but the current state of affairs doesn't do much to keep mine alive. Thanks again for your kind reply.
Intern
Message 93 of 254 (551 Views)

Yes, I Have the UP tray. But the issue continues to happen even after the Firmware update.

Intern
Message 94 of 254 (548 Views)

edchair, I agree with you 100%. I develop software for the Industrial Devices on Intermec and Motorola with Windows Mobile 6.5. Microsoft owns this market because of the way so many businesses have to do an Operation called DEX, and Windows Mobile is/was the only OS to support it. But they have let the ball drop on this. They released a Version 8 and they did not push it. I don't understand what they are doing in this arena. The rugged device market was theirs, but no more. They just let it go. Many if not all of the Route guys you see deliverying packages, and stocking shelves use this Windows CE/Windows Mobile 6.5 OS. But my company is saying goodbye to Microsoft.  We are doing IPAD and IPHONE development  with Xamarin , now that we have an alternate  support with DEX through a bluetooth device. I mean, this is a big market for Microsoft, my God my company is a 3 billion dollar company heavily invested in these devices. We hear crickets from Microsoft on their direction in maintaining this Market. They don't want it...apparently. I too get made fun of because  I have been a Windows Mobile guy since PocketPC 2000.

Intern
Message 95 of 254 (536 Views)

edchair wrote:
My guess is neither Apple nor Samsung would have let a problem so severe plague their flagships so long with no explanation and no apparent resolution in sight.

You must have quickly forgotten the Note 7  and Iphone grey screen of death issues

http://www.samsung.com/us/note7recall/

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7593294?start=0&tstart=0

Intern
Message 96 of 254 (518 Views)

I think that errors occur no matter what platform you choose. It is frustrating and this most recent error on the replacement phone provided the most clear cut relation to Bluetooth of all previous incidents. I wear a Microsoft Band 2 daily and rely on it for making quick responses to texts without pulling my phone out. Typically I hear the text tone on my phone and about 1 second later I get the notice on my Band. Last night the text tone sounded followed one second later by the alert tone for the SD error and no transfer of text to my Band. The confusing thing is the error occurs so infrequently. I received probably 50-60 alerts to my Band yesterday and only once did I get the Bluetooth SD glitch.
rush_edward, sorry to hear Microsoft is abandoning the rugged device arena. Not sure what their strategy is for the Mobile device market. Seems to be rudderless at this point.

edchair, this is the worst time in any transition period. Hardware is scarce, support seems nonexistent, news is bleak. I would like to see what is announced at Build 2017 in a couple of months. Perhaps some clarity on what they are planning to do to attract developers to the UWP.
Top Student
Message 97 of 254 (446 Views)

[ Edited ]

My Elite x3 used to only have this issue once or twice a week, but recently after I purchased fitbit and use the bluetooth sync, it got much worse. about 5 or 6 times per day.

So till now there's still not any official workaround for this issue? nor any updates?

That's disappointing.

Intern
Message 98 of 254 (427 Views)

Now 5 days since my last post and no occurrences of the SD card error. Bluetooth on full time linked to Microsoft Band 2, car, wireless speakers.
Intern
Message 99 of 254 (346 Views)

So, since the new phone there has been an increase in SD errors with 5 additional errors in the last week.

Intern
Message 100 of 254 (335 Views)

Mine continues to unmount and the remount all day long. It always makes the same sound and the sd card warning message appears.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation