Post new question
Question
Elite x3 SD card issue
Replies (253)

Tutor
Message 11 of 254 (1,197 Views)

Re: Elite x3 SD card issue

I contacted our HP rep who engaged a couple of support resources. They led me too an application in the App store called Field Medic. Field Medic lets you create system logs for a variety of things and has a very verbose System Status function.

I installed the Field Medic application and selected the Device Status option. Scrolling down the information list the SD Card showed a status of "Mounted" with a storage size of "<error = 5>". The card is a Verbatim 64GB.

I shut down the phone and replaced the Vebatim card with a Lexar 300x 64GB card. The device now sees the card and lets me use it for storing information but interestingly the Field Medic information still shows "Mounted" and with a storage size of "<error = 5>". ​I'll use it for a few days and see how it works out. I put the Verbatim card in another device and it works fine - strange indeed.

Intern
Message 12 of 254 (1,183 Views)

I still have the problem, that the SD Card "gets lost"

At some time I get the Windows Notification, that the SD Card was removed.

With the newest firmware still the same problem.

After a reboot the cards works fine, till next time.

I already had two cards. A Lexar 1600x 128GB, and now a Samsung Pro 64GB.

Same with both cards.

Would be nice to now, if this is a firmware problem, or I need to get my phone replaced.

Firmware: 0002.0000.0014.0100

Intern
Message 13 of 254 (1,182 Views)

I also get the same error with the Field Medic.

Storage size Error = 5

Master's Graduate
Message 14 of 254 (1,171 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

Do you have any screen shots of the errors you are seeing?

It sounds like you're doing all the right troubleshooting.  To articulate the steps:

1. Remove and reinsert the cart tray
  2. Remove and re-seat the SD card before reinserting
  3. Try a "known-good" SD card (check the SD card in your PC before inserting into your x3)

If these steps don't help, please call HP and let us know what happens.

Thanks,

-Chris

I work for HP.
Tutor
Message 15 of 254 (1,157 Views)

I was not seeing any errors displayed on the screen, just that the SD Card would not show up in the Storage application as an available storage space. The error listed above "<error = 5>" appears in the Field Medic  Device Status display with both the good and bad cards.

The other indicaiton that something was wrong is that the HP Device Hub application would start and then exit with the "bad" SD Card in place - with an "acceptable" SD Card in place the Device Hub app runs fine.

Intern
Message 16 of 254 (1,049 Views)

[ Edited ]

I keep on getting info or notification of how to remove an SD card. I don't want this nofitication. How can I shut it off? Reboot does nothing. IMG_0772.JPG

I just found out, this notification pops up because for some reason, my SD card becomes unreadable or x3 elite thinks it was removed. I had to reset my SD card a few times.

Intern
Message 17 of 254 (1,033 Views)

I got my first Elite x3 eplaced, because of the SD Card issue.

I also recognised, that the replaced phone is much faster, so there has something been wrong with the first one.

I still have the SD Card issue. But not a often as with the first one.

What i have found out:

- The SD gets lost, if there is a App hanging.

- I could reproduce the SD Card issue, with the Garmin Connect App. Every time the App freezes (and the App freezes a lot) soon after the SD Card gets lost.

- I stopped using the Garmin Connect on my phone. I am actually using the Microsoft Health App again, with my Microsoft Band 2. Sometimes, if the band can not be syncronised, i also get the SD Card lost.

- Maybe, it is a bluotooth issue, it seems like the bluetooth module has problems with "Gadgets". And everytime is hangs (the Gamin Connect App freezes at the point, the Health App just cant sync), the SD Card gehts lost.

- Perhaps there is a reset internaly of the bluetooth, that lets the SD Card gets lost.

I really hoe, there will be a firmware update soon, that adresses this issue.

Intern
Message 18 of 254 (1,025 Views)

I still have no idea why my x3 just lose connection to my SD drive. Reboot has no effect.  I need to keep on reinserting my SD card.

Tutor
Message 19 of 254 (1,008 Views)

It is my understanding that there is an issue with the sim tray and HP is working on a solution. I took mine back but really miss the device. It was a bit big but really useful. I am already considering getting another one.

Intern
Message 20 of 254 (1,000 Views)

Mine still does this but less frequently now. I can still reconnect SD drive with a phone restart which makes me think it might not be a physical tray problem as much as a firmware issue. There hasn't been any firmware updates in a while. Hope they can cure the problem
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation