Post new question
Question
Elite x3 SD card issue
Replies (184)

Top Student
Message 41 of 185 (490 Views)

Re: Elite x3 SD card issue

It is definitely a Bluetooth issue. I gave up and moved all the files from the SD card to the internal storage and removed the SD card. It is a shame that this issue is not solved by HP. It’s a great Phone, but I’m thinking to drop the device and go back to an Android Phone. Sorry HP, we paid top dollar (in my case Euro’s) for this Phone but I’m really disappointed in the silence at you side for solving this problem.

Tutor
Message 42 of 185 (483 Views)

HP really needs to advise owners what they are doing to fix this issue. I couldn't recommend the Elite x3 to someone if asked without a fix for this issue.
Intern
Message 43 of 185 (450 Views)

Intellimouse & rush_edward may be right.

I've turned off my bluetooth service. since, i no longer have the sd card was removed error. it has been 24 hrs now.  hopefully it stays that way. normally, the error comes on 3-8 times a day.

I rather have the SD card and live without the blue tooth.

Tutor
Message 44 of 185 (430 Views)

Not sure about the connection between Bluetooth and the SD card issue, but surely we paid both for Bluetooth and a workable SD card.
Intern
Message 45 of 185 (416 Views)

Not sure what has changed but the incidence of SD card errors has significantly decreased recently. It now occurs about once every two weeks. The only thing different is the progression of OS builds ( Insider release preview ring). Maybe some Bluetooth tweaks in the OS??
Intern
Message 46 of 185 (368 Views)

I have all the current updates and tray. Mine unmounts every day at least twice. I called and opened another case with this. If you haven't yet, I urge everyone to do it to keep their feet to the fire. I program rugged devices with Windows 6.5. We had an issue just like this on a Motorola device. It turned out to be Motorola OEM drivers, and we had to do a mass CAB deployment with the fix across the country. It was a pain. After the update it stopped. I believe this is a similar issue with drivers.
Top Student
Message 47 of 185 (350 Views)

[ Edited ]

HI Escape7,

I see your post about Elite X3 on HP Forum, regarding Unexpected ejection of the SD Card.

Did the firmware update resolve the issue for you?

What firmware version and how did you update? Did you get it through the Windows update or did you happen to use the Windows Recovery Tool to reimage the device.

Please help with an update. Appreciate your help and time. Thank you.

Regards,

Shoib

Intern
Message 48 of 185 (339 Views)

Spoke too soon. Even though it seemed to have decreased in frequency, the next day after posting it occured 3 times in a span of a few hours. All occurred while phone was laying untouched on a tabletop. I have opened a case with support with detailed description.

Intern
Message 49 of 185 (335 Views)

Incredible response time! Less than five minutes after opening a case  received a call and will be receiving a new sim tray tomorrow. I must admit that in all the companies I have worked with on issues I have never had this rapid a response after submitting an online support case, Kudos to HP. Hope the new tray will make a difference. Will report my experience once I use it for a few days.

Intern
Message 50 of 185 (326 Views)

The newest firmware did not resolve this issue.

If bluetooth is switched off, i have no prolems. That my solution right now.

As soon as bluetooth is activated, and my Garmin Fenix 3 is connected to the phone, the issue with the SD card starts again.

I also recognised, that first the Garmin works, if i reactivate it from the background, the app hangs.

If i terminate the app, a few seconds after the SD gets dropped.

The Garmin App works perfekt if bluetooth is deactivated. So also the app is not faulty, but if the apps tries to connect via bluetooth the problem appers.

I am waiting for the next firmware, and really hope that such a big error on a phone for nearly 900 € gets fixed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation