Post new question
Question
Elite x3 SD card issue
Replies (184)

Intern
Message 61 of 185 (489 Views)

Re: Elite x3 SD card issue

If I have to turn off Bluetooth then I need a different phone. I will try that for the next 48 hours as a test just to see if anything changes.
Intern
Message 62 of 185 (452 Views)

Thanks for all of you guys replying like you have been. I have noticed in the past two days, that I will get the SD Card Error, but I do nothing about it. I just leave it alone. Then all of a sudden, the SD card is available again. But then after a while, I get the error again. Once again the SD card is no longer mounted. I use a FitBit Blaze,   JBird Headset,  and car bluetooth. This is an issue that I have open with HP for them to correct. Otherwise, the phone is an excellent phone. I have the lapdock and docking station. I use this docking station all of the time with a mouse connected. It is the coolest thing using a mouse on a phone when in the docking station. Just wished they would get this issue resolved, I could promote this device to all of my friends then.

Intern
Message 63 of 185 (441 Views)

As an example, at 6:00 pm this evening when I typed my last reply my SD card was unmounted and was not visible. Doing nothing with or to my phone, at 10:30 pm the card is now mounted and visible. This is crazy.
Intern
Message 64 of 185 (422 Views)

Rush_Edward, very interesting observation. I had never thought of leaving it alone, always immediately rebooting the phone to get it back. Ki d of odd behavior of this problem. Just don't understand enough to make sense of it.
Intern
Message 65 of 185 (359 Views)

...and now I'm getting it again.

Phone (which is a replacement already) starting telling me on Friday  my SIM was removed then reinserted. On Saturday, it got so bad, I gave up and put the SIM in my 950XL.  Smaller device with horrid sound and no finger print scanner, but at least it works.

Going to call Bill and Dave to see about it.

Top Student
Message 66 of 185 (320 Views)

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem - a ticket is still open since a couple of days with no response.

PLEASE HP - FIX THE PROBLEM.

Master's Graduate
Message 67 of 185 (302 Views)

Hello,

if you are having issues with the SD card or SIM card not detected, please contact HP.  They should be able to overnight a replacement SIM tray or provide a replacement phone.

-Chris

I work for HP.
Intern
Message 68 of 185 (294 Views)

Replacement trays does not correct the problem. I had 2 trays replacement. Still gets the same error. Turned off my Bluetooth service for over 2 weeks now. Since have no sd card removed error
Intern
Message 69 of 185 (283 Views)

So I can report that after 8 days with replacement tray the error occurred once on day 2 but not since. Although it did not rid the problem, the frequency is less than just prior to the tray replacement. Hopefully the HP engineers will figure out the problem for a final fix.
Intern
Message 70 of 185 (278 Views)

Yes, it is the BlueTooth because it happens when my FitBit or JayBird Headphones connect to my Phone. But the problem corrects itself and the SD Card Mounts back. Only to unmount again later.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation